United States of America – Sweet and delicious French Toast
by John Thomas
French toast is a type of breakfast recipe. Here the word toast means that properly cook of bread slice from pan or toaster from both sides. French toast is a special type of toast that is bitter and sweet in taste and made with the incorporation of eggs and milk or cream. I also liked it personally so much and I must recommend you to try it at your own home by following my recipe. It is a very easy and charming recipe. There are many benefits to it. For example, when a person becomes sick and doctors do not allow him to eat junk foods, spicy dishes, etc. Where this special French toast works for a patient and it is very light on the stomach and no need for eating special types of foods because it’s natural. But there is a problem here for a diabetes patient because this cuisine includes a much amount of sugar which is harmful to a diabetes patient but no worries about another type of patient. Moreover, while making French Toast, it has three main steps or phases these are the following:
The first and main phase is to make an egg mixture by combining different ingredients as I mentioned in the ingredients section. It includes eggs, some quantity of milk and cream, vanilla essence, sugar powder, and some other ingredients to make it sweeter and bitter. After making this, apply it on bread slices by dipping them into it from both sides properly.
Toast the Slices
Now the other phase of this dish is to toast the slices on the saucepan. In which, first take a saucepan and add butter for melting at medium-low flame then toast the slices, 2 to 3 minutes for each side until it turns brown. Your french toast is ready to eat.
Pouring syrup of honey or maple is the last step or touch for french toast. Place the butter cube in the middle of the toast and pour some syrup of honey or maple or your own choice by making it sweeter and bitter.
Origin and History
When we read an article about cuisines they must mention the origin and history of it because origin and history are the most important part of regional cuisine. Many food historians wrote some books about the history of cuisines that when or where it comes from, etc. There are different claims about the origin of French Toasts but the main source of information is that French Toast comes from Roman Empire because every country claims that it originates from our country. When we take a look at the name of the dish which french toast means is it comes from France? Basically, French Toast is called a different name or in the French language which is “Pain Perdu”. The word pain perdu means lost bread. While in Roman languages the French Toast is called Pan Dulcis. The method of cooking is slightly the same. They are soaking bread slices into the egg mixture which I explained earlier. It becomes popular day by day from the earlier 15th century.
- 2 large Eggs
- White bread 5-6 slices
- Brown sugar 2 tbsp
- Milk ¼ cup
- Heavy cream 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder 1 tsp
- Butter (per batch) 2 tbsp
- A pinch of salt
- Honey/ Maple syrup
Steps of Making Toasts
- Take a bowl crack 2 whole eggs and put them into it.
- Then add brown sugar and whisk it well with a whisker through your hands.
- Now add milk, heavy cream, vanilla essence, cinnamon powder, and a pinch of salt to the egg mixture.
- Mix it well through the whisker.
- Let’s take the bread of thick slices.
- Then place a saucepan on the stove at medium-low heat and add butter cubes and leave it for melt.
- Now dip each toast into the prepared egg mixture from both sides properly.
- Then set the toasts one by one into the pan and leave it for cook.
- When you are done on one side means when the slice color turns brown flip that slice and do it the same as the front side.
- Repeat the same process and cook all toasts from both sides properly.
- Now took it off from the pan and set them into the plate or tray.
- Now place the butter cube on the prepared toast and pour honey or maple syrup or from your own choice, it’s optional, and enjoys it.
- Serve it to your homies as breakfast and enjoy the meal.
- Calories: 390 per serving
- Fat: 20.7 g (32%)
- Proteins: 9.7 g (19%)
- Serving: 2 persons
- COOKING TIME: 10 MINS
- PREP. TIME: 15 MINS
- TOTAL TIME: 20 to 30 minutes
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!