United Kingdom, England – Salted Caramel Brownie Trifle
by Muhammad Resh
Salted Caramel Brownie Trifle is a local and popular cuisine of United Kingdom. People over here like to eat this dish as it is sweet in taste. The main component of this dish is cream and butter. The most important thing matter in this dish is layers of this dish. You can add layer by your own choice. People in past use fruits and custards. Nowadays people use caramel and brownies for layering this dish. Talking about the taste of this dish, this dish is sweet in taste and gives a mouthwatering creamy texture and it has a delicious taste. It is not a difficult dish to make. Anyone can make this dish at home, especially children like to eat these kind of dishes. I would like to suggest you to make this dish at home by just following the steps below.
History And Origin
Talking about history and Origin of this dish I would like to tell you that this dish is originated from United Kingdom in 18th century. In the past it contained three to four layers. These layers may be of any kind it may be fruits, it may be cake, it may be of your own taste but in past people used fruits, custard and cakes etc. And it was further layered with jelly.
This is a sweet and healthy dish, It has many advantages for the health of a human body. Some nutritional facts are as follows
- Calories 196 g
- fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.3mg
- Carbohydrate 32.4g
It is a traditional as well as popular dish. People are eating this dish from 18th century. This dish is also offered in many traditional restaurants in United Kingdom and many other areas. The layers of this dish are increasing time to time and it is becoming more tasty with the passage of time.
- (Butter) 3-4 tbs
- Olper’s dairy cream ½ Cup
- (Salt) ½ tsp
- Sugar 1 Cup
- (Egg yolks) 4
- Sugar 4-5 tbs or to taste
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Cornflour 1 tbs
- Water 2 tbs
- (Milk) 1 & ½ Cup
- Olper’s dairy cream 400ml
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Ice cubes as required
Ingredients for Assembling
- (Walnuts) crushed
Steps to make
- First of all, take a wok, and add & spread 1 cup sugar, 2 tsp water in it, and cook it on very low flame for 12-15 minutes until sugar is caramelized then mix it until sugar melts and changes color to brown.
- After that add 3-4 tbsp butter in the wok and mix well.
- After adding butter now add 1/2 cup cream in it and put it on low flame and mix well.
- After that add 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp vanilla essence in it and mix it well and cook it on low flame for one minute.
- Your salted caramel sauce is ready for further steps, set it aside and let it cool.
Preparing Caramel Cream Custard
- Take a saucepan, and add 1 & ½ Cup milk in it and bring it to boil.
- After that take a bowl, and add 4 egg yolks, 4-5 tsp sugar in it and then mix well.
- Now add 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1 tsp cornflour in the above bowl and mix well.
- Take ½ Cup of hot milk and add it to a bowl and then mix it well.
- Now add the above mixture into hot milk and mix it continuously and cook it for some time until it becomes a thick and creamy mixture.
- After it becomes thick now turn off the flame, and add ¼ Cup of prepared salted caramel sauce and whisk well. Set it aside and let it cool.
- Take another bowl, and add ice cubes as required and place another bowl in the center of it.
- Now In a bowl which we put in the center, add 400ml cream in it and beat it well with the help of a beater for 7-8 minutes until it becomes thick.
- And in the end, add the above-prepared custard in it and mix it until it is combined well.
- For assembling this dish take a serving dish, and add the above-prepared salted caramel sauce in first layer, some pieces of brownie in the second layer, salted caramel sauce again in the third layer, some pieces of walnuts on the top of it, and after that add the above-prepared caramel cream custard in the forth layer, repeating the layer of salted caramel sauce, add again pieces of brownie in the sixth layer, then again add salted caramel sauce, and walnuts again and in the end caramel cream custard in it.
- For garnishing, we use chocolate and salted caramel sauce for the beautification of this dish.
- Put it in a fridge and take it out until it becomes cold and then serve it.
Cooking Time:40 Minutes
Preparation Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time:1 and half Hour
Taste: Sweet in taste
Cooking level: Moderate level
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!