Uganda, Tanzania, South Africa – African Chicken Vegetable
By Mabimbi Don
In most parts of Uganda, Tanzania, South Africa this kind of vegetable is a favor choice to many consumers.
It takes approximately 20 minutes to both prepare and cooking. The vegetable consist of cheap and easy to find stuffs that are almost available in Africa and most parts of the world.
Chicken vegetable can be eaten with rice, stiff porridge, bread, juices, potatoe mix and so by itself.
Let us prepare our African cuisine.
- Chicken stek 1kg.
- One big carrot.
- One green pepper.
- Two tomatoes.
- One bulb onion.
- One tea spoon of salt.
- Frying oil.
- Vinegar and one lemon.
- Cut chicken meat into small cubed pieces.
- Clean chicken meat with clean water and put it in a clean plate.
- Add salt and grinded ginger, mix altogether. Add vinegar or lemon and wait for 6-7 minutes so that they mix well.
- (Within the waiting minutes) Cut onion and green pepper into small cubed pieces.
- Cut carrot into small rectangle pieces, do the same to tomatoes.
- Using frying pan, start to fry chicken pieces up to when they cange colour into earth-like colour. Take off heat, put in plate.
- Start to fry onions, garlic, carrots and green pepper altogether, it takes about 4-5 minutes, add tomato pieces and let the mix boil well.
- Add fried chicken pieces in the mix, make them mix well, lower heat level and do the mixing for 3 minutes.
- Add favorable soup mixer like Royco. (You may skip this step).
- Cover up your mix and let it boil for 6-7 minutes.
- Take it from heat, ready for table lunch or dinner, Enjoy.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!