Uganda – Small Green Peas Roast
By Mabimbi Don
This cusine comes from Uganda. It is among the favourite vegetable recipe available within the country.
Method of preparation varies in within the country, depending on ingredients added and nature of resources available.
The cooking session may count up to 20 minutes to reach the best served taste of the roast. It can be taken with bread as breakfast, rice during lunch or dinner.
Small green peas have a function of proving proteins and carbohydrets in our bodies. Also they assist immune system and nnervous system.
Let us begin, shall we?
- 1/2kg of samll green peas.
- 1 coconut.
- 2 Tomatoes.
- 2 Bulb onions.
- 2 Carrots.
- 1 Green peppers.
- Wash and clean small green peas.
- Boil them for 1 and a half an hour. (Soak whole night and boil for 30-40 min)
- Wash carrots and cut into long small pieces.
- Wash onions, tomatoes and green pepper and cut into small pieces as well.
- Using cooking pan, add little oil and heat it up. Add onions, carrots and green pepper pieces, fry for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and salt, keep fry for 4 minutes.
- Add small green peas without soup, fry them with the mix for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut and garlic, let the mix boil for 3 minutes.
- Add your favour soup, you may need to add little salt as well to ratiorize with bthe soup. Boil for 5-7 minutes.
- The roast is well to be served, enjoy.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!