Uganda – Potato-Banana Meat Mix
By Robert Christopher
Uganda is among the East-African countries that cultivate Banana in large scale, it is supported with cool climate and fertile red soil.
Banana may have many traditional and modern styles of cooking but today we will prepare the mix of Banana-potatoes with meat.
Let us prepare our cuisine from Uganda, Africa.
Prepare the following
- 3 big Banana. (banana special for cooking are called “Matoke” in Uganda)
- 2 Big Potatoes.
- 1/2 kg of meat. (cow or goat meat are so taste with this mix)
- 3 Tomatoes.
- Curry powder.(one tea spoon)
- Half tea spoon salt.
- 1 Big Carrot.
- 2 bulb onions.
- Wash and cut meat into favourable pieces size, boil meat. (It takes 30-35 minutes)
- Peel Bananas and Potatoes, wash and cut into the size you like.
- Cut Carrots into round-ring style, Tomatoes and onions into favourable size and style.
- Using cooking pan, put onions and curry powder, mix them for few seconds (30-45), add tomatoes pieces, add salt, keep mixing them, let it boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add Banana and Potato pieces into the mix, keep mixing them, let it boil for 4-5 mins.
- Add meat (without soup), keep stirring the mix, let it boil for 4-5 minutes, add meat soup, let it boil for 6-8 minutes. (you may add water if the soup needed is not enough)
- After sometime, add carrots and any food ingredient with favour, stir the mix by hold up the pan and round it.
- Let the mix boil for more 5 minutes, make sure you lower heat level (simmer).
- After all the procedures, our Cuisine is ready for lunch or dinner.
The mix can be taken as it is or with a juice, Enjoy.
Are these ripe bananas or half ripen
Looks really delicious