Uganda – Meat Roast
By Mabimbi Don
A taste from Uganda, is always delicious. In Uganda cow meat, goat meat are the most sold meat, due to the fact that they are the most cattles kept.
Meat roast in Uganda is normally eaten with rice, Chappati, fried banana and stiff porridge.
Preparation of this cuisine takes about 1 hour and a half and it uses simple cooking methods that everyone can follow and make a taste as this one we are up to, welcome to this taste.
Prepare the following
- 1/2kg of cow meat.
- 2 Potatoes.
- 1 coconut.
- Meat masala/Royco.
- Curry powder.
- 2 Carrots.
- 2 Bulb onions.
- 1 Green pepper.
- 3 Tomatoes/Tomato paste.
- Cut cow meat into favourable pieces, wash and boil them for 30-45 minutes
- While boiling, take carrots, onions, green pepper and tomatoes and wash them, then for carrots, onoins and green pepper cut into small pieces.
- Tomatoes must be cut into small long rectangled pieces.
- When meat is ready, take cooking pan and add oil in it, heat it and add carrots, onions, potatoes and green pepper pieces altogether, fry them.
- After 5 minutes, add tomatoes and salt, keep fry the mix for 5 minutes and leave it to boil.
- Peel off potatoes and cut them into four parts.
- Add meat and keep fry the mix, add curry powder and keep mixing.
- Add some soup and boil it for 4-5 minutes, then add coconut and boil again 3 minutes.
- Add Royco/meat masala and boil for 5 minutes more.
Enjoy the taste of our delicious meat roast.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!