By Mabimbi Don
This type of groundnut historically was found Peru, South America. In Africa, it’s cultivated in many countries include South Africa, Malawi, Nigeria, Senegal, and Sudan.
We will prepare it from Uganda ways, it also takes nearly 2 hours start with boiling process to the table step.
This roast can be taken with rice, stiff porridge, potatoes and any bread.
- 1/4 kg of Bambara groundnuts.
- 1 Coconut.
- 2 Bulb onions.
- 1 Big carrot.
- 1 Green pepper.
- Wash twice Bambara. You may deicide to soak them for a night in order to weaken the hardening feature of it or just boil them.
- Whille boiling Bambara, wash and prepare onions, carrot and green pepper into pieces you like.
- When water dries from Bambara, add little water to make sure they are ready enough.
- Add onion, carrot and green pepper pieces altogether into the boiled Bambara and let them boil for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar two tea spoons into the mix, add little salt if you like.
- Add coconut and let the mix boil for 7-9 minutes. (you may add your favourite ingredients as well in this step)
- Add reasonable oil and let it boil for 3-5 minutes, be sure to mix them with Bambara through stirring.
- The roast is ready for take off, Enjoy the taste.