The United Kingdom, England – Sweet Dessert Banoffee Pie
Banoffee Pie is another type of delightfully sweet dessert. In this dish the word dessert, we all know it means a sweet dish which is usually eaten after dinner and lunchtime or any time in a day. This sweet dessert includes some layers which are maybe 4 layers the one is crumbled biscuits, then the second layer is caramel which is over the crumbled biscuits, then add one layer of banana slices over the caramel layer and in last add prepared cream layer over the banana layer and sprinkle some cocoa powder onto it and then refrigerate it for 3 to 4 hours. There are few main components of this sweet dessert which are pastry base or crumbled biscuits, butter, bananas, cream and they will combine to make a delightfully sweet dessert Banoffee Pie. Caramel is actually condensed milk that is heated in a pressure cooker and then it forms into caramel. Now, when we talk about the word Pie it means a piece of cake. Pie is usually made in the European region as a sweet dish. This cuisine is also a part of the European Region and includes in the United Kingdom or British food histories. It is easily available in the United Kingdom because it is popular and a common dessert in the United Kingdom. Throughout it is easily available at supermarkets, mini markets, and bakeries. But, you also can make this special type of dessert at your own home by following the cooking and baking procedure which is in a very easy way. So, in conclusion, most of the people mostly housewives can make it to their own home.
Origin and History of Cuisine
Every kind of dish or dessert must have origin and history in their cuisine’s introductory part with their respective cuisine’s tradition this is the most important part of any cuisine. So, when we talk about the origin of this sweet delightful dessert (Banoffee Pie) is originated from British Cuisine or United Kingdom cuisines. It is firstly made by a British Chef whose name is Ian Dowding, who firstly discovered this dessert probably in 1971. Banoffee Pie proved famous among their customers and with the passage of time it becomes popular in European countries. The official recipe was published in 1974. The recipe of Banoffee Pie is becoming popular in the world so, many restaurants adapted their recipe throughout the world. Dowding suggests the name of this dish is Banoffee Pie which is based on the crumbs of biscuits. The word Banoffee has come from two words which are Banana and Toffee and further, it is included in English dictionary.
Serving is also the main point of any cuisine’s introductory part. In serving we know about the serving of dishes at which time, and which place, with which product? In serving Banoffee Pie you can serve it as a sweet dish after lunch or dinner. The right places that you can serve this sweet dessert are parties, weddings, family gatherings, etc. you can eat it as evening snacks for the fulfillment of your hungriness. So served it to your families and your loved ones as a sweet dish.
For Biscuits Crumbs
- Digestive biscuits 250g
- (Butter) melted ½ cup
- Condensed milk 1 tin (397g)
- Ice cubes as required
- Cream 300ml
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Sugar powdered 3 tbs
- Caramel 4-5 tbs or as required
- Kaila (Banana) cut in slices 2-3
- Cream mixture
- Cocoa powder
For Making Biscuit Crumbs
- First, we will chop biscuits through a chopper.
- Take a chopper adds digestive biscuits in it and chop them well.
- After chopping well add melted butter and chop again.
- Chop it well until well they will well combine.
- Now take a springform pan of 8 inches approximately and add biscuit and butter mixture to it.
- Reserve some biscuit mixture and set it aside approximately 3 to 4 tsp.
- Press the crest and make it equal from all sides and its upper side will be plain.
- Add remaining reserve crumbled biscuits into the side corner of the pan and set the sides with your hands or cup.
- Let’s freeze for 30 minutes.
- Take a pressure cooker to add some water and condensed milk (1 tin) into it.
- Now heat the pressure cooker for 30 minutes approximately on medium flame.
- After this take out the tin from the pressure cooker and leave it to cool completely.
- Now take the bowl to add ice cubes as required into it.
- Then take another slightly small bowl from the previous one and add cream into it.
- Then whisk it well until cream will soft peaks form for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- After this add vanilla essence, sugar powdered and 2 tsp of prepared caramel into the bowl.
- Let’s whisk it well through the whisker again until well combined.
- You can cool it from the refrigerator until further use.
- Now add 4 to 5 tsp of caramel or as required into the springform pan and spread it over the crumbled biscuits even it makes another layer.
- Now take 2 to 3 bananas which are already cutting into slice shape pieces and put them on the pan.
- Now make another layer of the prepared cream mixture onto the banana layer and spread widely.
- Let’s sprinkle the cocoa powder on top of the pan and refrigerate it for approximately 3 to 4 hours.
- Your Banoffee Pie is ready to serve and eat.
- Serve it to your family or your loved ones.
- Enjoy the dessert.
- Calories: 608 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Proteins: 6.2g
- Fat: 3.2g
- Preparation Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Cooking or baking time: 2 to 3 hours
- Almost 5 hours required
- Serving: 4 to 5
- Origin: European region
- Cuisine: United Kingdom
- Taste: Sweet and Bitter
- Type: PIE
- Course: Dessert
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!