Tanzania – Rice Porridge
By Robert Christopher
Egypt, Madagascar, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Cte d’Ivoire, Liberia, Guinea and Nigeria are the most known countries to cultivate rice in Africa. Shinyanga, Tabora, Mwanza, Mbeya, Rukwa and Morogoro are the most known areas in Tanzania to cultivate rice, however today we will prepare our local cuisine of rice porridge from Mbeya, Tanzania. Let us roll in.
- 1/2 kg of rice.
- 4 Cups of milk.
- Clean water.
- Salt for taste (a quarter tea spoon).
- Soak rice for 30-40 minutes. (You may leave it in water for a whole night).
- Boil soaked rice for 4-5 minutes, then filter all water. (Don’t force water to be filtered)
- Put milk into cooking pan, add rice and salt, lower heat level and leave it to boil.
- Stir the mix so that rice won’t bond up with the cooking pan. (Do this for 12-15 minutes)
- Add more milk if you prefer more smoothy porridge.
- Rice porridge from Tanzania is ready for breakfast, enjoy.
RICE PORRIDGE CAN BE MIXED WITH HONEY OR SUGAR FOR BETTER TASTE
- Source of proteins from milk.
- Vitamis, i.e. Thiamin.
- Mineral salts i.e. Manganese.
- Assist in digestive system due to fiber presence.
- Prevent risks of cardiovascular diseases.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!