Tanzania – Liver Roast with Potatoes
By Robert Christopher
In northern parts of Tanzania, living are tribes known not only for crops cultivation, but also for animal realing. They support kind of animal keeping in large amount as a sign of wealthy.
Since they keep animals, there are several kinds and styles by which meat is being prepared for table takeoff. There some who even dare to consume some animal parts without cooking them!!.
Our topic though will teach us on how we can cook taste roast of liver and potato mix. This method has been in stye for some years and been practiced by the inhabitants sorrounding northern parts of Tanzania.
Let us roll in.
- 1/2kg of liver.
- 3 Potatoes.
- 2 Carrots.
- 1 Green pepper.
- 2 Bulb onions.
- 1 packet of curry powder of royco.
- Prepare liver meat by removing its thin upper layer, cut it into small pieces. (squre like)
- Wash carrots, pepper and onions and cut into small pieces also.
- Peel off potatoes and cut them also into small squre like styles.
- Put pan into cooker and heat it up. Add resonable oil, add potatoes into the pan and fry them
for 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion pieces into the mix. Keep fry the mix for 2 minutes then add liver meat pieces.
- Add salt.(one partial full tea spooon)
- Stir and fry the mix for 5 minutes, add curry powder or royco into the mix, let it boil for 2 more
- Add carrots and pepper, add some water (if you prefer soup), let the mix boil for 6-7 minutes.
- Our cuisine is ready for breakfast, lunch or dinner, enjoy.
This meal can be taken with:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!