Tanzania – Cassava Leaves (Kisamuv)
By Robert Christopher
Ever wonder that Cassava leaves may give the best taste ever? Yeah! it’s the matter of how to make it give that ‘best taste ever!.’
From many parts of Africa, green leaves have been used to make food, wait!, not all green leaves, but the ones known with multitude of healthy benefits, such like Cassava leaves, green beans leaves, Pumpkins leaves and so much more.
Today, let us prepare Cassava leaves cuisine from Tanzania.
- A bunch of Cassava leaves. (Two hands bunches)
- Two coconuts. (Packets or fruits)
- One bulb onion.
- One tea spoon of salt.
- Grind Cassava leaves together with garlic, untill it becomes soft and smooth.
- Cut into small pieces your Bulb onion.
- Put grindes Cassava leaves mix into cooking pan.
- Let it boil for 30 minutes. (Make sure it tastes soft)
- Add onion pieces together with one coconut packet.
- Let the mix boil for 5 minutes, then add the last packet of coconut.
- Let your mix boil again for 4-6 minutes.
- Cuisine of Cassava leaves is ready for lunch or dinner.
Cassava leaves can be eaten with:
- Rich in Iron minerals.
- Contain Vitamin C.
- Provide lysine protein.
- Strengthens immune.
- Help blurred eyes sight.
- Keeps your skin smooth
- Used to treat diarrhea.
- Treats strokes effects.
- Increase Appetite.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!