Tanzania – Boiled Sweet Potato with Coconut
By Robert Christopher
Well, the cusine we are going to prepare, will look like the one in a picture.
Potato cultivation is also done with Sukuma and Kerewe people in Tanzania. Preparation method will include some sort of Coastal food preparation styles, since coconut is not primary cultivated with Sukumas and Kerewes.
Let’s find out what it tastes to prepare this cusine, welcome.
- 2 Big sweet potatoes.
- 2 Bulb onions.
- 1 Carrot.
- 2 Tomatoes.
- 2 Coconut fruits. (2 packets)
- Wash sweet potatoes and peel them, cut into small pieces. (your prefer size)
- Prepare coconut to two juices. (first filtrate and second filtrate into two separate jugs)
- You may skip the second step, if you will use the packet coconuts.
- Wash Tomatoes, carrots and onions, cut them into small pieces and blend them altogether.
- Using cooking pan, start to boil sweet potatoes together with the blended mix, add salt and oil as well, boil them for 15-20 minutes. (Add little water to support the boiling process)
- After the time, add second filtrate if you use the coconut fruit and wait for 5 minutes more. (if you have packet coconuts, use them both at a time)
- Add the first filtrate and leave it to boil for 3-4 minutes more.
- The cusine is ready for lunch or dinner, enjoy the taste from Tanzania.
This cuisine can be taken with:
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!