by Ananya Fatima
Satay is a piece of chicken that is filled with full of spices and serves with peanut sauce which is so unique in taste and the most delicious one to eat with satay. We can all this as an appetizer and this is one of the authentic dishes of Singapore. This is so easy and simple dish to make at home, you don’t need any tough and complex ingredients and this is not even complex in making or cooking, you can easily make it at home and anytime. This is the “ MOUTHWATERING DISH OF SINGAPORE”. most people do not eat this as an appetizer they want this every time. Its taste enhanced by the soy sauce and especially when you eat this with peanut sauce. Peanut sauce is also the special sauce to eat with this, actually, this is compulsory to eat with peanut sauce.
This dish is actually come from “MALAYSIA” but SINGAPOREAN modifies its taste with their ingredients and presents the best one to eat.
Many countries would love it and try the similar dish of satay and presents their dish. This dish totally depends on marination. The more time marination takes the more juicy and soft your chicken is. You can take any meat if you don’t like chicken.
- Garlic paste
- Ginger paste
- Black pepper
- Green chilies
- Cumin seeds
- Coriander powder
- Soy sauce
- Take a bowl, add all the ingredients in it and mix them together.
- Grind them to make a paste so it must be a smooth paste that you can easily apply on the chicken piece.
- Apply this paste on the chicken and let them leave for about 4 hours.
- After that, take it and leave it to cook on a grilled hot pan.
- Grill and smoke leave the best taste to eat and smells good.
- Now for peanut sauce, take a pan.
- Add crushed and ground peanut.
- Add water and 1 tbs of oil with vinegar and sugar.
- Cook this for 15 minutes and your sauce is ready to eat.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 50MINUTES
SERVING: 4 PEOPLE