by Ananya Fatima
Hookie prawn mee is the noodle type dish which is very tasty to eat in Singapore. This is one of the special dish of Singapore that you can not deny to eat. If you visit or whenever you visit to Singapore then you should try this because this is the ” EVERGREEN DISH OF SINGAPORE “. Hookie prwan me is the spiciest food if you want spicy dish then it must be a good choice to eat spicy dish. Hookie prawn mee is served with the egg , rice and prawns and the main thing is Noodle. The main ingredient in hookie prawn mee is ” NOODLES ” which is must be ” YELLOW ” in color because this is the identity of this dish, hookie pawn mee is incomplete without noodles.
Many countries have its own taste which is similar to Hokiee prawn mee and modify it by their ingredients like Malaysia, China, Thailand, Indonesia etc. They are like these food which is similar to hookie prawn mee.
There are three versions of hookie prawns mee which is
- egg noodles
- prawn noodle
- rice noodles
- squid noodles
- mix noodles
Hookie is originated from the China but we cannot say that this is not the dish of Singapore because they modify it by their master mind and chef and introduce the more tasty dish which is converted into Hookie prawn mee
- yellow noodles
- black pepper
- chicken stock
- fish sauce
- coriander powder
- soy sauce
- Chinese salt
- fried shallots
- sesame oil
- prawns must be neat and clean so you have to wash them with hot water.
- Take a frying pan and put oil it, fry the prawns because of its smell.
- fry them until it smells good.
- boil the chicken in the water with 1 tbs of oil, salt, and black pepper and make a stock of chicken.
- put pork belly in the chicken stock and leave it on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- After that make the pieces of pork belly.
- put a squid in the water and then cut them by adding all the other spices.
- put noodles and rice in it and leave to cook more.
- put all the things together and your dish is ready.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR
SERVING: 5 PERSON