by Ananya Fatima
Cendol is the icy dessert which is green in its color and a very smooth texture. It is actually a very unique icy and special dessert of Singapore.
There are different names of word ” CENDOLS “. It has a very unique name like
We may call the cendol the green long worm-like jelly in the ice or it may be the jelly with different ingredients like coconut milk and all other stuff but the green jelly is a must which indicates the cendol.
WHAT IS CENDOL
Cendol is the icy dessert of Singapore which contains very different unique texture collection of stuffs.
Cendol is one of the best street food in Singapore. Every food court or every juice shop in Singapore has this cendol at their shop because dessert is incomplete without Cendol.
Cendol contain main three ingredients that you should have to make it like
- Green worm-like jelly
- Coconut milk
- Sugar ( which type of sugar syrup you want is up to your taste )
ALTERNATIVE NAMES OF THE CENDOL
The dish has the following names:
- In Vietnam, we can say that as chè ba màu
- In Thailand, we can say that as lot Chong
- In Java, we can say that as dawet
- In Burma, we can say that as mont let saung
ARE CENDOL AND DAWIT THE SAME THING?
Most people think that dawet and cendol are the same thing but have different names. but they both are different things. Most people call them the same but it is not the actual same thing, it is a misconception about the cendol and dawet. Indonesian people call cendol as dawet.
Cendol is actually the combination of bean starch and corn starch.
Dawet is the combination of rice flour and a bit of corn starch.
You can serve cendol with different things like
- Boiled noodles
- Yellow beans
- Red azuki beans
PREPARATION TIME: 25 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
SERVING: 4 person
- pandan leaves
- ice or maybe the water
- potato ricer
- You first have to take the pandan leaves that must be neat and clean.
- Take a bowl and add the leaves in it with plenty of water in it.
- Now blend the leaves in the water and then strain it.
- Now add all the other ingredients and then your jelly is ready.
FOR SUGAR SYRUP
- Take a pan.
- Add sugar in it with plenty of water.
- Heat the pan over medium heat.
- When the sugar is melted, turn off the stove.
- Leave it to cool.
- Take a glass that must be large in size.
- Now the first layer is of cendol.
- The second layer is of yellow beans
- The third layer of your favorite beans
- The fourth layer of crushed ice
- The fifth layer of coconut milk.
- The sixth and final layer of sugar syrup