by Verdzekov Bernard
Food food food. Who else likes good food like I do? I guest everyone that will read this. Food builds the body in so many different ways. Food helps us grow. Is the lord not so wonderful? Children are born and leave on the breast milk from their mother. How is the breast milk produced? Biology will say there are some glance in the breast that does that. The milk that is produced is consumed by the child until she has teeth’s and still even sucking until the mother prevent the baby from sucking. Then the child continues with processed food. Food is a wonderful thing. But it will be bad if you love food and can’t cooked some for yourself. More reasons why you should read this article and many more articles I have writing on local cuisine. Thanks to finmail.com many will be able to cook for themselves; others will be able to know more about local cuisines around the world. Chicken Yassa can be prepared with chicken, lamb or fish. But chicken is best. People in Senegal prefer chicken because it is common. In Senegal, you could see people raring chickens in their open yards. So many different types of chicken. This is a common characteristic of people in Africa. They main ingredients of this delicious Senegal delicacy is, chicken, lemon and onions.
- Onions (8)
- 4 gloves of garlics
- Limes or lemon (4)
- Peanut oil
- Vegetable oil
- Curry powder
- Salt to taste
- Dried pepper
- Non dry pepper
- Prepare your chicken and slice it.
- Prepare your spices. Blend your ginger and garlics. Mix with salt to taste, maggi, pepper and peanut oil. Rob it on the chicken or marinate Piece after piece. Roast your chicken. Apply peanut oil from time to time so as to avoid chicken from getting to dry. When ready cover and put aside.
- Those with ovens can go ahead to bake. Spice the chicken as above, place in a foil pepper and put in the oven, this can take about 25-30min to bake well.
- Remove and put aside. Remove and check if it golden. If it is, it is ready. Put chicken aside.
- Slice some more onion and garlics. But your oil in the pot and heat up. Fry onions and garlics. Add your vinegar and stir well. Add your dry pepper and stir well.
- Add salt to taste and maggi. Stir well.
- Add a glass of water and stir well. Taste to make sure maggi and salt is ok.
- Add any if necessary and cover pot. Allow for about 5min, open and add your chicken.
- Add your olives and curry powder and stir well.
- Add water if too thick. Close pot and allow all ingredients to cook well for about 20-25min.
- Remove and serve with boiled white rice.