Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan – Daal Chana with Mutton
by Binyamin Shahzad
Daal is a one of the common food recipe which is served in a meal. Daal Chana gosht is most famous dish in Pakistan. The origin of this dish is unknown. Daal Chana Gosht is a Kashmiri dish. It is not too spicy flavor. It is very healthy as it contains proteins form the mutton and very healthy nutrients from the daal. It is the most popular restaurant dish. It is famous in urban and rural area of Pakistan. This dish is available in almost every restaurant even on local restaurants it is available. Every age of people like to eat this dish.
Although most of the daal recopies are vegetarian that’s why I have tried to share something new which is daal gosht. As we know this that there are many recipes which can be made with Chana daal but if used along with with mutton it really makes it a delicious recipe. The Daal Gosht is so tasty that it goes with rice or rotis. This recipe is made using wonderful ingredients like onions and yogurt. I am assured that the recipe that I will share today is amazing in taste. I love to heat the feedback of my family members whenever I prepare daal gosht at my home that’s why I have decided to share this here so that you may also try at your own home and get the same feedback from your family members friend and relative.
- Daal Chana 200 grams
- Mutton 500 grams
- Water 3 cups
- Yogurt ½ cup
- Salt ½ tsp
- Black Pepper powder ½ tsp
- Red pepper powder ½ tsp
- Cumin ½ tsp
- Coriander poweder ½ tsp
- Oil ½ cup
- Ginger paste ½ tsp
- Garlic Paste ½ tsp
- Onion 2 chopped
- Gram masala powder ½ tsp
- Green Chili chopped 3
- Tomato 2 chopped
- Turmeric powder 1/3 tsp
- Green Chile 2 for garnishing
- Coriander leaves
- First of all wash the Daal Chana and keep it in the water for 2 hours
- After 2 hours boil the Daal chana for 10 minutes in 2 cup of water after 10 minutes the Daal chana will be boiled and then put it in the dish.
- Now wash the mutton and put it in the cooking pan and put it on the flame
- Add 2 cup water, chopped onion, ginger paste and garlic paste and wait for 15-18 minutes
- After 15-18 minutes add salt, garm masala powder, red pepper, black pepper, cumin, coriander powder , turmeric powder and oil in it and mixed well and wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Put yogurt in it, mix it well and wait for 5 minutes.
- Put boiled Daal chana in it
- Put tomato and green chili, mix it well and covered it keep the flame low and wait for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes pour the coriander leaves, and green chili for garnishing.
- The Daal chana with mutton is ready to serve put it in the dish and serve the family members and guest to receive the appreciation.
Daal Chana with Mutton
Now the Daal Chana with mutton is ready. You can serve it in Lunch or Dinner with rice o rotis. So enjoy make your day with delicious daal chana with mutton.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!