Pakistan – Yakhni
by Muhammad Reshaeel
Yakhni is a local cuisine of Pakistan and other Asian countries. Many people like to eat this dish because of its good taste and health advantages. There are many ways of making yakhni, but I’ve given you the easiest way of making it. Many people eat this dish to gain strength in the winter season. There are many kinds of Yakhni, such as chicken yakhni, mutton yakhni. The main component of this dish is chicken, as I’ve added Desi Chicken in it. This dish fights against many diseases and gives warmness to the body. If you want to make this dish at home, you just have to follow the steps I’ve given below and your delicious Yakhni is ready to eat.
As I’ve mentioned above Yakhni is not only tasty but it is a healthy dish which fights against many disease and gives strength to the body. It has many nutritional advantages which are as follows:
- 167 kcal
- 5 gm carbs
- 5 gm fat
- 23 gm protein.
Yakhni is a winter dish, as it gives strength and warms our body. Winter season is a season in which people looks forward to giving warmness to their body. As we know that temperature of Pakistan in the winter season comes to 1 degree which is very cold, so in this cold weather everyone urges to get the warm temperature and Yakhni gives you the strength to fight against the low temperature.
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2-3 tbs Cooking oil
- 600g chicken (cut into 4 pieces)
- 1 tbs Ginger crushed
- 1 tbs Garlic crushed
- 1 medium sliced onion
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
- 12-13 Black peppercorns
- 2 liters Water or as required
- Eggs boiled
- ¼ tsp Fennel seeds
- 2 Green cardamom
- 1 tsp Black pepper crushed
- ½ tbs Salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Fresh turmeric
- Chicken cubes 2
- Black pepper crushed
Steps to make
- First of all, take a pot and add 2-3 tsp cooking oil and heat it for some time, now add 600g desi chicken in it and mix it well until it changes its color to brown.
- Now add 1tsp crushed ginger, 1 tsp crushed garlic then mix it well and cook it for a minute.
- After that add 1 medium sliced onion, one bay leaf, three cinnamon sticks, 12-13 black peppercorns, 4-5 cloves, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp fennel seeds, 2 green cardamoms, 1 tsp black pepper crushed, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 tsp fresh turmeric, 2 chicken cubes and mix it well thoroughly.
- Now add 2 liters of water and bring it to boil, now remove the scum and cook it for 1.5 hours on medium flame.
- After that strain the yakhni with the help of the strainer
- And reserve chicken for serving and discard the leftover.
- Now take a bowl and, add boiled chicken which is reserved and prepared Yakhni in it.
- Your delicious yakhni is ready to serve, garnish it with a boiled egg and black pepper.
Time required for preparing this dish is just 20 minutes.
For serving this dish you just need 10 minutes.
cooking level: Easy
Serving: 4-5 persons
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!