Pakistan – Vegetable Koftay
by Usama Tariq
Vegetable Kofta dish is traditional dish in our country. This formula of kofta may be a sound bend to the customarily profound browned kofta. Served with rice or roti. Koftas are little circular or oval formed dumplings made from minced vegetables, paneer etc. in conjunction with gentle flavors that are profound fricasseed. These Kofta balls have a fresh external layer and are soft from the inside. Before serving, the Koftas are stewed for many minutes in a wealthy onion-tomato based sauce which is tempered with flavors like cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, inlet leaf, fennel seeds.
- (Potatoes) boiled & peeled ½ kg
- (Red chili powder) 1/2 tsp
- (Turmeric powder) 1/4 tsp
- (Cumin powder) 1 tsp
- (Salt) 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Chaat (spicy) masala 1/2 tsp
- (Ginger garlic) freshly chopped 1/2 tsp
- Breadcrumbs 1/4 cup
- (All-purpose flour) 1/2 cup
- (Carrot) shredded 1/4 cup
- (Capsicum) finely chopped 2 tsp
- (Green chili) chopped 1 tsp
- (Fresh coriander) chopped 1-2 tsp
- Cooking oil for frying
- Cooking oil 5-6 tsp
- (Onion) sliced 1 large
- (Ginger) 1 inch piece
- (Garlic) 4-5 cloves
- (Cashew nuts) 8-10
- Yogurt 1 cup
- (Cumin seeds) 1 tsp
- (Cloves) 3-4
- (Green cardamom) 2
- (Cinnamon stick) 1
- (Tomato) pureed ½ Cup
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Coriander powder) 1/2 tsp
- (Turmeric powder) 1/4 tsp
- (Red chili powder) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Water) 1 cup or as required
- (Fresh coriander) chopped
Method for Cooking
- In bowl, cut potatoes with the assistance of the cutter.
- Add ruddy chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, salt, chaat (spicy) masala, ginger garlic, breadcrumbs, all-purpose flour and blend until well combined.
- Then include carrot, capsicum, green chili, fresh coriander and mix up well.
- Grease hands with cooking oil, take a blend and makes koftay of break even with sizes (makes 16).
- In wok, heat cooking oil and broil on medium moo fire until brilliant brown.
- In wok, add cooking oil, onion and broil until brilliant brown.
- Add ginger, garlic, cashew nuts and blend well for 1 miniature at that point take out in a bowl.
- In grinder, add browned onion + cashew nuts and chop well.
- Add yogurt and pound to create a glue & set aside.
- In the same wok, add cumin seeds, cloves, green cardamom, cinnamon adhere and blend well.
- Include tomato chopped then mix up well and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now include yogurt & onion puree, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- After that, add spicy masala powder, salt, coriander, turmeric and red chili powder, mix it well after adding them and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Include water, mix well and bring it to boil, cover and cook on moo fire for 8-10 minutes at that point cook on tall fire until oil separates.
- In serving dish, add browned koftay and pour gravy.
- Garnish with new coriander & serve!
Total Time Required
- Preparing time: 1 hour
- Cooking Time: 1-2 hours
- Serving: 4 – 5 Persons
- Calories: 362 Kcal
- Protein: 7.7 g or 14%
- Fat: 24.4 g or 37%
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!