by Dahiza Umar
INTRODUCTION TO THE DISH
The word Tandoori refers to the meaning ”cooking in charcoal” bar b ques on grill or by direct cooked on fire. When Lamb chops is marinated with all the spices and yogurt with lemon juice and cooked on charcoal or bar b qued gives the natural color to the amazingly delicious recipe.
As it is not wrong to said :
EAT, DRINK AND BE MERRY
In Urdu language, lamb ribs are known as champ also as chops. Tandoori word is derived from the term Tandoor used to called as Clay Oven. So the name of the dish is derived from two words, Tandoor and Chops, when marinated chops is cooked in tandoor known as tandoori champs.
This dish is originated from the Province, Punjab which is famous by its original and authentic taste. The use of the flavors and spices comes from the basic ingredients and original spices.
This dish is so popular so that it is served in every restaurant of Pakistan, so tendered and moisturized and palatable dish you can find it on street road side hawkers or dhabba ( desi restaurants ) or on high fi five star restaurants
This dish is originated form the old ages of Sub continent in the area of Punjab. The dishes made up of meat is very popular in the region of Punjab Pakistan.
So it is said that this dish is originated from the Indian Sub continent
- 1 kg lamb chops
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup mayoniese
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp garlic paste
- 4 tbsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp red pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chat masala
- 1 tbsp tandoori masala
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp crushed red chilies
- oil for drizling
- charcoal for cooking on it
- Take all the things together in the pot and marinated with the chops and set if for 2 hours on refrigerator so the juices invaginates into the meat and make it tender.
- Now heat up the charcoal for bar b qued the chops
- Place the chops on the griller and cooked it on heat of the charcoal and apply oil over it to make it juicy
- cooked both the sides of chops until the golden browned or cooked properly
- served it with the raita and naan make your day memorable.
PREPARATION TIME :10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME : 20 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 6 TO 8 PERSON
CUISINE : PUNJAB, PAKISTAN, ASIAN
COURSE : MAIN / SIDE DISH
SERVED WITH : NAN / ROTI AND MINT SAUCE ( RAITA )