Pakistan – Special Moong Ki Daal (Yellow Lentils)
by Muhammad Usama
Moong Daal is very famous in Pakistan. This delicious dish named Moong Daal. The name of the dish is implementing with two Urdu language words one of those words is Moong, it is an Urdu language word and it is one of the types of lentils the other one is Daal word which is also an Urdu language word which means lentils. Yellow lentil is a very common dish and available at every restaurant in Pakistan it does not matter that it is big restaurants or small. You can avail it small dhabas. It is full of nutrition and healthy diets. Nature puts more benefits in it for a Human Being. You can make it restaurant-style Yellow Lentil at your own home in a very easy way. It is easy to digest and very cheap in price that most of the poor peoples can afford this dish.
Cuisine of Pakistan
Boiled Yellow Lentils are the most common dish as compared to other dishes. Pakistan has four provinces Punjab, Sindh, Baluchistan, KPK. This dish has come from Punjab, that’s why Punjabi peoples love this dish very much. But it is also available at many restaurants all across Pakistan.
This dish is originated from Indian Subcontinent. First time, this dish made in India.
- Button chili 3-4
- Coriander leaves 2 tbs
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Curry leaves 4-5
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Garlic 1 tbs
- Garlic sliced 4-5 cloves
- Ghee 2 tbs
- Green chili 3-4
- Oil 1 tbs
- Onion 1
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Tomato chopped 1
- Turmeric ¼ tsp
- Water 4 cups
- Yellow lentil soaked for 30 minutes 1 cup
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- First, take a frying pan add oil as mentioned in the above portion of ingredients, heat it.
- Then add chopped onion, ginger garlic paste mix it and fry until onion turns brown.
- After this add cumin, curry leaves, chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt to taste, and garam masala.
- Now add 1 cup of moong daal (Yellow Lentils) soaked for 30 minutes.
- After adding lentil fry it for 2 to 3 minutes approximately.
- After frying add green chili, coriander leaves, and 4 cups of water.
- Let’s cook until the lentil is tender or cook for a few minutes.
- Now cover it and cook the lentil until it becomes soft or tender.
- After uncovering stirring continuously and seems like gravy.
- Now dish out a yellow lentil in a separate bowl.
For Tadka Procedure
- Tip: After making Yellow Lentil you should do this step immediately.
- Take a frying pan add 2 to 3 tsp ghee in it heat it at low flame.
- Add 3 to 4 button chili, 4 to 5 sliced garlic, cumin, and red chili a little bit of mix and fry it.
- After frying, adds and put it into the bowl of prepared yellow lentil.
- Your delicious Moong Daal (Yellow Lentil) is ready to serve.
- Serve it with boiled rice, or you can serve it with chapatti.
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Proteins: 18.9% 6g
- Fats: 9% 5.47g
- Preparation Time: 10 to 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes required.
- Serving: 3 to 4 Persons
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!