Pakistan – Paratha Malai Boti Roll
by Salman Khan
Place of origin
Indian subcontinent in 1500 A.D
What is paratha?
A paratha is something like a fried flatbread that is originated in Indian Subcontinent in 1500 A.D. The word ‘paratha’ comes from word ‘parat’ which meand cooked layers of flour dough. Paratha is one of the most famous breakfast in Pakistan and India. Paratha is not difficult to make. Paratha is widely eaten in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, India and Maldives etc. There are more than hundreds of different type of paratha like aloo (potato) paratha, sabzi (vegetables) paratha, gobi (cauliflower) paratha etc.
What is chicken malai boti paratha rolls?
It is a paratha (flatbread) which is rolled and filled with chicken cubes, vegetables and some sauces. Usually, anything is filled in paratha dough, flaten and fried but in this dish paratha is rolled and filled. The word ‘malai’ means cream and word ‘boti’ means chicken cube. This unique type of paratha roll is one of its kind. The main ingredient of its sauce (which is filled in roll) is butter and cream which makes it super delicious.
Calories per malai boti paratha
Carbohydrates: 30 grams
Fat: 18 grams
Protein: 15 grams
- Half kilogram cubes of boneless chicken
- 4 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon of green chilli
- Salt = as required
- 1 teaspoon of roasted and crushed cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- Half teaspoon of black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons of dried milk
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper powder
- Half cup of cream
- Charcoal = for smoke
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoons of crushed red chilli
- 1 cup of milk
- Half cup of grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon of fresh coriander
- Cream and cheese sauce
- Chicken malai boti
- Sliced onion
- Take a bowl and add boneless chicken cubes, vinegar in it.
- Mix chicken and vinegar well and marinate for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, strain vinegar, transfer chicken cubes to another bowl and let dry.
- Now add cumin seeds, black pepper powder, ginger and garlic paste, chilli paste, coriander powder, milk powder, flour, cream and white pepper powder.
- Mix chicken and all spices well for 3-4 minutes.
- Marinate chicken cubes for 1 and half hour.
- Burn coals and smoke prepared chicken for 3 minutes.
- Take chicken cubes and thread them on skewers.
- Take and griddle and add oil in it and heat on low flame.
- Add chicken skewers and fry them until brown colour is appeared.
For creamy sauce
- Take a pan and add given quantity of butter on it and let butter melt.
- Now add flour and garlic in butter and wait for 2 minutes.
- Add crushed black pepper and red chilli, salt in butter and mix.
- Add milk and whisk it.
- Boil milk with continuous whisking for 3 minutes.
- Now add cream in it with again continuous whisking.
- Add grated cheese and fresh coriander in it.
- Whisk and cook the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Take paratha and add prepared white sauce of cream, chicken balai boti (chicken cubes) and sliced onion.
- Fold paratha and make a roll of it.
- Wrap rolled paratha with butter paper and serve.
Cuisine: Asia, Pakistan
Servings: 4 people
Preparation and cooking time: 1 and half hour
Assembling time: 5 minutes
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!