By Dahiza Umar
Seekh kabab in PAKISTAN
As every meet lover must have bar b q dishes on the top of the list.
Here famous bar b q recipe that feels like heaven on plate is SEEKH KABAB. This dish is famous worldwide with some variation among the recipe. Kababs are of various types like bihari kabab, shami kabab, malai boti kabab and many more. Among the list of kababs, seekh kabab is on the first priority of every food lover.
Seekh is actually a skewer of metal where the meet is shaped like kabab either elongated or round but traditionally seekh kabab is elongated kabab.
Meet of any kind chicken, lamb or beef is mixed with some sort of Pakistani spices and cooked on warm charcoal and enjoy.
Pakistani have made a special event or a get together after bakra eid or EID UL AZHA. Where qurbani meet is bar b q and family enjoy the feast with full zest.
- Lamb mince (with fat) 1 kg
- Onion chopped 1 large
- Fried onion 1/2 cup
- Tomato 1 chopped
- Green chilies 4
- Mint chopped 1 bunch
- Green coriander 1 bunch
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Crushed red chilli 1 teaspoon
- Anar danna (dried pomegranate seeds) 2 tablespoon
- Garlic ginger paste 2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds crushed 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Chaat masala 1 teaspoon
- Chickpea flour 4 tablespoon( for binding )
- Take mince and dry it completely, add onion, tomato,chilies, spices and chickpea flour together.
- Mixed by hand or in chopper to get all things bind.
- Preheat the charcoal on angethi (special grill for bar b q)
- Take seekh and place kabab shaped meet on them
- Cooked on the charcoal until thet golden brown.
- Add little oil on the top of seekh kabab while turn the kabab to cook.
- Hot and spicy kababs are ready, served with raita and naan