Pakistan – Mutton Korma
By Muhammad Usama
INTRODUCTION ABOUT ‘Mutton KORMA’
Roots of Korma
Korma has its roots within the Mughlai Cuisine of the Asian subcontinent. A characteristic Mughal dish, it can be followed back to the 16th century and to the Mughal attacks into the locale. It is very famous dish in the whole Asia, it is very easy to make and eat with chapatti. It is very famous to cook it on any function or when your guest at your home. The enhance of a korma is based on a blend of flavors.
Taste of Korma
A korma can be gently spiced, velvety or red hot and fiery as there are thousands of varieties and cooking …
- 2 Large Onions
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 5-6 Green Cardamom
- 3-4 cup Cooking oil (Ghee)
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper Corns
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 tablespoon Paprika Powder
- 2-3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 tablespoon Black Cumin Seeds
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- ½ kg Mutton (Korma Cut)
- 1 tablespoon Salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Roasted)
- 2 tablespoon Red Chili Powder
- ½ Cup Water (Or as required)
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- ¼ tablespoon Nutmeg Powder
- ¼ tablespoon Mace Powder
- Fried Crushed Onion
- ¼ tablespoon Spicy Masala Powder
- ½ tablespoon Butter
- ¼ Yellow Food Color
- Almonds (Blanched For Garnishing)
- Ginger (for Garnishing)
Steps For Making ‘Mutton KORMA’
- First take a medium size frying pan and put it on the Stove at medium flame .
- Add Cooking oil (Ghee) in it and cook 1-2 min until the cooking oil is seems like hot.
- Then Include sliced onion and fry until its color has been golden brown.
- For crispy onion (Evenly spread on paper towel to remove excess oil), let it completely cooled and set aside.
- Then Include black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves, black pepper corns, star anise, cinnamon sticks, black cumin seeds and bay leaves then fry it for 1 minute.
- Then include ginger garlic paste and mix it well.
- After that add Mutton (KORMA cut pieces) and fry it until when chicken changes color.
- Cover the frying pan and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Then Include salt, paprika powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, yellow food color mix it well for 2 minutes
- Include water as required then mix it well
- After mixing it, turn off the flame and then add yogurt in it mix again for 2-minutes.
- Turn on the flame at medium level.
- Then add nutmeg powder and mace powder then cook for 2-3 minutes
- Include fried crushed onion and mix it well
- Cover the frying pan and cook for 2-3 mins
- Then add spicy masala powder, butter, almonds and ginger for garnishing
Mutton korma is ready to eat and Enjoy it!
You can serve this delicious dish to 4-5 people easily and hope they will enjoy it so much.
Calories In Mutton Korma
- Calories = 458 kcal
- Protein = 30.8 g
- Fat = 30.4 g
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!