Pakistan – Lassi or Lachedar Paratha
by Sana Aamir
Lassi is well known drink of Punjabis. Pakistanis usually drink lassi in breakfast. There are two types of lssi one is sweet and other is salty. Salty lassi is usually used in lunch.
It is also very famous breakfast in India. People of villages usually done their breakfast with it. Lachedar paratha is also very popular in Indian subcontinent it is soft and crispy.
In Pakistan, Punjabis liked to eat lachedar partha and lassi in breakfast. It is considered as healthy breakfast as it contains yogurt and milk. The sweet lassi is easy to make and beneficial in summer also. It protects body from dehydration and keeps the body energetic throughout the day.
Children also like to drink this because it is like ice-cream. Some punjbis dip paratha in it and eat it. So without any delay I am going to share the yummy recipe of lassi and lachedar paratha
Ingredients for lassi
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Milk 3 cups of milk
- Sugar 4-5 tablespoon
Method to prepare lassi
- Put milk in blender then add sugar and blend it.
- Then add the yogurt and blend it well.
- Pour the lassi into the glass and put it in fridge.
Ingredients for lachedar paratha
- Flour 2 cup
- Salt half teaspoon
- Oil 2 tablespoon
- Water 1-2 cups
Method to prepare Lachedar paratha
- Sieve the flour in a bowl.
- Add the salt and oil in it.
- Mix it and add water in it and make tough dough.
- Leave it for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Now make four balls of dough and then take one of it and
- Then take one dough ball and dip it into flour.
- Roll it with roller into a thin circle.
- Then brush it with desi ghee and now make 3-4 cuts on circle to make 4-5 strips.
- For making spirals roll one strip and put it on other strip and roll it again do it repeatedly till 5-8 strips are rolled.
- Then dip it into dry flour and roll into a circle again but not very thin.
- Now put it on heated tawa and add oil on sides.
- Turn the paratha side by side and cooked it till both sides become golden brown.
- Your paratha is ready now serve it with lassi and enjoyed it.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!