By Ak Games76
Laddu Peethi is a traditional dish of fried lentil balls which are served with sweet, sour sauce and radish salad. Laddu peethi is originated from Lahore, Pakistan. laddu peethi is mostly found in road side stall in Pakistan. Nowadays laddu peethi is famous all over the world because of its two tastes sweet and sour. Laddu peethi is famous in India, Indonesia, Iran and many different countries of the world. You can eat laddu with sweet sauce or with sour sauce. Laddu is a patty shaped lentil ball which is fried in oil and served with sauces and radish salad. Laddu peethi is a very unique snack in local cuisine of Pakistan.
Meethi Chutney (Sweet sauce):
- Aloo Bukhara (Dried Plum) = 100g (soaked in 1 Cup water)
- Cheeni (Sugar) = ½ Cup
- Lal mirch (Red chilli) crushed = ½ tablespoon
- Namak (Salt) = ¼ tablespoon or to taste
- Sirka (Vinegar) = 1 tablespoon
Khatti Chutney (Sour sauce):
- Imli (Tamarind) soaked = 100g
- Water = 3 Cups
- Namak (Salt) = 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Gur (Jaggery) = 50g
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed = ½ tablespoon
- Lal mirch (Red chili) crushed = 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder = ½ tablespoon
- Cornflour = 1-2 tablespoon
- Chana daal (Yellow Bengal gram) = 350g (soaked in water overnight)
- Mash daal (White lentil) = 50g (soaked in water for 3 hours)
- Baking powder = ½ tsp
- Cooking oil for frying
- Moli (Radish) grated (soaked in chilled water)
Prepare Meethi Chutney (Sweet sauce):
- In a saucepan, add soaked dried plum, sugar, red chili crushed, salt, and vinegar, mix well and bring it to boil & cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and blend the mixture with the help of the hand blender.
- Turn on the flame and cook for 2-3 minutes & let it cool.
Prepare Khatti Chutney (Sour sauce):
- In saucepan, add tamarind pulp, water, salt, jaggery, mix well and bring it to boil and cook on low flame for 6-8 minutes then strain. Add water to excrete out tamarind pulp.
- Add tamarind water in saucepan and add cumin seeds, red chili (crushed), garam masala powder and mix well, bring it to boil and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In water, add corn flour and mix well.
- Now add dissolve corn flour and cook until sauce thickens & let it cool.
Prepare Laddu Peethiyan:
- In blender jar, add split bengal gram, white lentil, water and blend until thick batter is formed.
- In a bowl, add blended mixture and mix continuously for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt, cumin seeds, baking powder and mix well. -Now dip spoon in warm water and take a mixture.
- In a wok, heat cooking oil and fry phulki on medium low flame until golden brown.
- On a serving plate, add fried laddu peethiyan (lentil balls), pour sour sauce and sweet sauce.
- Add grated radish & serve!
It serves 6-7 people.