by Muhammad Ibrahim
Khichdi one of the popular dish of Pakistan origanted from indian sub-continent. It is a healthy dish and it is consider the only one solid dish which babies can eat easily.
Khicdi in Pakistan used to eat with kari. Khichdi have alot of types. Many types of pulses can used to make this khichdi. Most popular is mong ki dal khichdi or masoor (lentil) ki daal khichdi in Pakistan.
This dish is very beneficial for the peoples who are on diet. It contains fiber and carbohydrates. Today I am going to share the delicious recipe of masoor ki daal khichdi of Pakistan.
- Rice ½ kg
- Lentil 250 gram
- Ginger garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper 1½ teaspoon
- Salt 1½ teaspoon
- Oil ½ cup
- Onion 1 sliced
- Pinch of turmeric
- Whole garam masala
Method to prepare lentil khichdi
- Firstly gather ingredients.
- Heat the oil and add sliced onion it. Fry the onions till it become golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, salt, black pepper, whole garam masala in it and fry well.
- Then add rice and lentil with pinch of turmeric in it and mix well.
- Now add 3 cups of water and salt in it.
- Cover the lid and cook till water dries.
- Lastly cover the lid with soft cloth piece and then put it on pot (dum) and leave it for one minute on slow fire.
- Serve khichdi with acar and kari.