by Faizan Azeem
Tandoori Chicken Karahi is a special cuisine of Pakistan. It is full of Chicken and spices. This dish is available at many places like Dhaba, restaurants, etc. It is full of nutrients and rich in healthy diets. Its richness in carbohydrates is very motivated among people. It is very delicious and delightful and easy to make and very expensive, so the poor people can’t afford this dish but you for humanity you can share with them. You can make it to any famous festival like parties, weddings, family gatherings, farewells, eid. etc. When we talk about its taste, aroma, and fragrance is very delightful and is sour and spicy. You can make at your own home by following these steps that I mentioned given below:
Origin and History
This special and delightful dish is originated from the Indian Subcontinent. This dish was firstly made by the cook of the Mughlai Family in the 90’s. When we talked about the places of origin of this dish, it is also famous in Pakistan as in India but with time, it is more famous all across Asia. In Pakistan, every person knew about this dish and also in India.
When we talked about the serving of this dish you can serve it with boiled rice, chapati , naan and sourdough,etc. we also can serve this dish with tandoori roti and vegetable salad and traditional Raita.
- (Charcoal) for smoke
- (Coriander powder) ½ tbs
- (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed 1 tsp
- (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- (Fresh coriander) chopped
- (Ginger) julienne
- (Ginger) julienne
- (Green chilli) 1-2
- (Red chili powder) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Red chili) crushed 1 tsp
- (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Tomatoes) blanched & pureed 2-3 large
- (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
- (Yogurt) ½ Cup (room temperature)
- (Ginger garlic paste) 1 tbs
- (Yellow food color) 1/4 tsp
- Chicken ½ kg
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 & ½ tbs
- Rafhan corn oil ¼ Cup
- First, take a bowl add chicken pieces to it.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, salt as required, yellow food color and mix it well.
- After mixing it well, marinate it for approximately 30 minutes.
- Now take another plastic bowl, add yogurt, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, crushed red chili powder, roasted and crushed cumin seeds whisk it well, and set aside.
- Now take a frying pan put it on the stove at medium flame.
- Then add corn oil to it.
- After that add marinated chicken and fry it for almost 10 to 12 minutes.
- After frying add blanched and pureed tomatoes in fried chicken.
- Mix it well and continue to cook at medium flame.
- Let’s add spiced yogurt in it and blend it well.
- Now cover the frying pan and continue cooking on low flame for approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
- After uncover it and cook it on high flame with continuous stirring yet the oil separates well.
- Forgiving a charcoal smoke put charcoal into the core of the frying pan and cover it for approximately 2 minutes.
- For garnishing add julienne ginger, green chili, and chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Your dish is ready to serve your family and your loved ones.
- Served this dish with boiled rice, chapatti, and sourdough.
- Enjoy the meal!
- Calories: 250 kcal
- Proteins: 16g
- Fats: 25g
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes required
- Serving: 2 to 3 Persons
- Origin: Indian Subcontinent
- Cuisine: Pakistan, India
- Taste: sour and Spicy