by Usama Tariq
Fried Chicken Tikka is a special chicken recipe for spicy food lovers. Fried Chicken Tikka has one main ingredient that is chicken pieces in tikka shape. When we talk about tikka it is an Urdu langue word which is and a dish of the Indian subcontinent dish with small or maybe medium pieces of meat like chicken, mutton, beef, etc. marinated and mix well in spicy mixture. So, this fried chicken tikka is very popular in Pakistan and is available at many restaurants, dhabas, etc. Before preparing this dish it is pre-marinated with a full spice mixture made with some spices like coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and lemon juice, etc. Most probably it is made when any events come to like you can make it at a wedding, parties, friends gathering, etc. but you can make it at your own home in a very easy way by just following these easy steps that I have written below and served it to your loved ones or families.
Taste in Pakistan
When we talk about their taste it is full spicy and sour. Besides, it’s your choice to make it spicier or less spicy. Some people have their own taste. So, the taste in some restaurants is different from others. People of Pakistan love this dish very much because of their spicy taste especially youths of Pakistan. Some people go out of their homes to the restaurants from their families, or their friends, etc. for gathering and enjoy fried dishes just like this fried chicken tikka. It is also made with grilled over the burning coal and these chicken pieces can contain bones.
It is firstly originated from the Indian Subcontinent. Traditionally Chicken tikka is a small piece of boneless chicken (in some cases it is with bone). In Pakistan, it is firstly made in Punjab and made with some variations with the passage of time.
It is firstly made by the chef of the Mughlai family. After making fried chicken tikka by the chef and served it to the King of Mughlai. He is very nervous about the reaction of the king, when the king of Mughlai tastes it, he said this dish is so amazing. So, this dish Fried Chicken Tikka is very popular day by day and spread all across Asia with the passage of time. The word Tikka is firstly coming from the Turkish word “Tike” which meaning bits or pieces. In Pakistan, it is served as a Punjabi Cuisine.
Types of this dish
When we talk about the types of this dish, actually this dish is made with meat-type chicken so, meat has many types like Chicken, Mutton, Beef, etc. You can make it with mutton tikka pieces or beef tikka pieces.
When we talking about serving. Serving is an important work for any restaurant.
YOU SERVED BETTER, YOUR GROWTH BETTER
So serving is the most important thing. You can serve it with many items or sauces like yogurt Raita, Tomato Sauce, Tomato Chili Sauce, Mint sauce or tamarind sauce, etc. All these sauces are sour in taste but it is very delighted with this dish.
- Chicken tikka pieces 4
- (Green chilli) paste 1 & ½ tbs
- (Ginger garlic paste) 1 & ½ tbs
- Lemon juice 3 tbs
- (Red chili powder) 1 tbs or to taste
- (Salt) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste
- (Turmeric powder) 1 & ½ tsp
- (Coriander powder) ½ tbs
- (Cumin powder) 1 & ½ tsp
- (Yellow food color) ½ tsp (optional)
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Cooking oil 1 tbs
- Charcoal for smoke
- Maida (All-purpose flour) ½ Cup
- Water 1 Cup
- Cooking oil for frying
- First, take chicken pieces in tikka shape.
- Then place deep cuts on all sides of chicken tikka pieces with the help sharp knife.
- After placed all cuts on chicken tikka pieces then set aside.
- Now take a medium-size bowl and add green chili paste, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, red chili powder, salt to taste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, food color(yellow), garam masala powder (hot spice powder) in that bowl.
- After adding all spices or ingredients take a whisker and whisk it well until all spices are dissolved and make a paste-like liquid.
- Now take chicken cut pieces and put them on the prepared spiced paste.
- After this mix and rub it well with your hands until all spice paste is dissolved with chicken.
- Let’s cover the bowl and marinate it for approximately 2 to 3 hours or you can marinate it overnight in the refrigerator.
- When the chicken tikka pieces are fully marinated then take a wok and add some oil to it.
- Heat the oil at medium flame and take a marinated chicken bowl put them on the wok.
- Then cover the wok.
- Let’s steam cook at low flame temperature for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or until its color changes to golden brown (hint: steam cook of 8 to 10 minutes is for each side).
- When you uncover it you see some water scatter on the chicken, then you do the flame temperature on medium and cook on medium flames until the water dries up approximately 7 to 8 minutes.
For Charcoal Smoke
- Forgiving a better charcoal smoke take a lump of burning coal and set it into the core of the wok or between the chicken pieces.
- Put some oil drops on burning coal and cover the wok immediately.
- In 2 minutes you are done with giving coal smoke then uncover it.
Preparation of Flour Surry
- Now take a plastic wok add all-purpose flour some water or as required.
- Whisk well through whisker.
- Your flour Surry is ready.
- Now put chicken tikka pieces one by one into the flour Surry and dip them well.
- So, after dipping well from both sides put it on the heated oil for frying.
- Fry it on the medium level flame until or unless its color turns to a golden brown for approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Fry them from both sides.
- Now your fried chicken tikka pieces are ready to serve.
- Serve it with special chutneys like raita, salad, tomato sauce, etc. you can serve it with Nan.
- Serve it to your family, friends, or your loved ones.
- Enjoy the meal!
- Calories: 210 kcal
- Proteins: 12g
- Fats: 7.6g
- Preparation Time: 2 to 3 hours
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: Minimum 3 hours required
- Serving: 3 to 4 Persons
- Origin: Indian Subcontinent
- Cuisine: Pakistan, Indian (Mughlai)
- Taste: Saucy and Salty