Pakistan, India – Special Tandoori Chicken Karahi
by Usama Tariq
Tandoori chicken karahi is a popular type of chicken karahi. It is a treat for your taste buds and never fails to impress in front of your family. It is of the delicious aromatic dishes. In Pakistan, people loved this dish too much because of its taste. It is available in many popular restaurants in the town or city. Peoples of Pakistan found many popular restaurants’ menus. You can eat it with hot Naan or roti and raita. From this recipe, you can easily make it at your home. Follow these steps of cooking.
It is rooted in Indian subcontinent and it is a popular north Indian and Pakistani curry.
- (Charcoal) for smoke
- (Coriander powder) ½ tbs
- (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed 1 tsp
- (Dried fenugreek leaves)
- (Fresh coriander) chopped
- (Ginger garlic paste) 1 tbs
- (Ginger) julienne
- (Ginger) julienne
- (Green chili) 1-2
- (Red chili powder) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Red chili) crushed 1 tsp
- (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Tomatoes) blanched & pureed 2-3 large
- (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
- (Yellow food color) 1/4 tsp
- (Yogurt) ½ Cup (room temperature)
- Chicken ½ kg
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Lemon juice 1 & ½ tbs
- -Rafhan corn oil 1/4 Cup
- Firstly we take a bowl then put chicken pieces into the bowl.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice as mentioned, salt 1 tsp or to taste, yellow food color.
- After adding these ingredients mix it really well.
- Set aside and marinate it for approximately 30 minutes.
- After that take another bowl and add ½ cup yogurt(room temperature), red chili powder to taste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, crushed red chili, roasted and crushed cumin seeds.
- After adding these ingredients blend it really well and set aside.
- Now, take a frying pan, and cook it on low flame (for heated).
- Add corn oil (heat the oil), then add the marinated chicken.
- After adding, mix and fry it for approximately 10 – 12 minutes.
- Then include 2 to 3 large blanched and pureed tomatoes and mix it well.
- Now add spiced yogurt which you set aside in past.
- Mix it really well.
- Cover the frying pan.
- Let’s cook continuously on low flame for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Now uncover the frying pan.
- Then cook on a high flame level until its oil separates.
- Take a plastic cup with a small piece of charcoal and set it on the core of the handi.
- Add a little bit of oil to charcoal and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
- Give the charcoal smoke for 2 minutes.
- Uncover it and Garnished with julienne ginger, green chili, chopped fresh coriander.
- Now serve it for your loved ones.
- Calories: 270Kcal
- Fats: 15g
- Proteins: 25g
- Taste: Spice and Moderate
- Origin: Indian Subcontinent
- Preparation Time: 20 to 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 to 35 minutes
- Total Time: Approximately 1 hour
- Serving: 3 to 4 Persons
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!