Pakistan, India – Special Sindhi Biryani
by Usama Tariq
Sindhi Biryani is the special food for Pakistan’s province “Sindh”. When you invite your guest on any occasion like Eid, any festival like marriages, etc. you can cook this recipe as a menu. Sindhi biryani is a form of biryani that has additionally thing that is potatoes in biryani. Its mouthwatering taste and fragrance have the ability to people towards it. This is a special biryani that is available at many restaurants in different styles. Pakistani people really love this dish. I am sure that 60 to 70 percent of the people of Pakistan have a favorite dish. Sindhi Biryani may be extraordinary meat and rice biryani dish beginning from the Sindh area of Pakistan.
Biryani was, to begin with, presented by the Mughals in Northern India, but Sindhi biryani’s root is from Pakistan’s province “Sindh”.
- (Bay leaf) 1
- (Black cardamom) 1
- (Black peppercorns) 8-9
- (Cinnamon sticks) 2
- (Cloves) 4-5
- (Coriander powder) 1 tsp
- (Cumin powder) 1 tsp
- (Cumin seeds) 1 tsp
- (Ginger garlic paste) 1 tbs
- (Green cardamom) 4
- (Green chilies) 4-5
- (Mint leaves) handful
- (Onion) fried
- (Onion) fried
- (Onion) sliced 3 medium
- (Potatoes) boiled 2-3
- (Red chili powder) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste
- (Rice) Basmati sella ½ kg (soaked and boiled with whole spices & salt)
- (Salt) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste
- (Star anise) 1
- (Tomatoes) cubes 3 medium
- (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
- (Water) 1-2 tbs
- (Yellow food color) ½ tsp
- (Yogurt) ¾ Cup
- Bukhara (Plums) 5-6
- Chicken ½ kg
- dhania (Green coriander) handful
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- lemon juice 2 tbs
- Lemon juice 2 tbs
- Oil ½ Cup
- Oil 1 tbs
- Remaining cooked rice
- Take a medium-size frying pan.
- Add oil, warm the oil then add sliced onion.
- Fry onion until its color turned into golden brown.
- Then bring out half of the fried onion from the frying pan and put it on a separate plate.
- Then add ginger garlic paste to the rest of the fried onion.
- Mix them well.
- After that add chicken and fry chicken until its changes color.
- Now add black peppercorns, one-star anise, cinnamon sticks (two), four to five cloves, black cardamom (one), four green cardamoms), cumin seeds, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, one bay leaf, yogurt.
- After adding these ingredients mix well and cook for 4 to 5 minutes approximately on medium flame.
- Then add tomato cubes and mix well.
- Include a cut piece of green chilies, plums (five to six), green coriander, and mint leaves.
- Mix well and cover the frying pan and cook it for 6 to 8 minutes approximately.
- After that let’s take out half of the chicken and some gravy on a separate plate and set aside.
- Put some lemon juice in the rest of the gravy.
- Add soaked and boiled with whole spices and salt rice, put boiled potatoes on it.
- Then put the rest of the gravy and fried onions, lemon juice on rice.
- Then immediately put remaining cooked and boiled rice on the mixture.
- Put and scatter yellow food color on the whole mixture, some fried onion, and one tablespoon oil on the whole rice mixture.
- Cover the handi and let’s steam cook for almost 10 minutes without mix it.
- After 10 min mix it well.
- Your spicy Sindhi Biryani is ready to serve.
- Taste: Spicy
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 5 to 6
- Calories: 509.5
- Fats: 27.4 g 42 %
- Proteins: 18.3 g 36 %
- Carbohydrate 48.1 g 16 %
- Origin: Pakistan.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!