Pakistan, India – Malai Kofta
by Muhammad Reshaeel
Introduction to the dish
Malai kofta is a kind of simple kofta. This dish is also very popular in Pakistan and many other Asian counties because of its juicy and spicy taste. Pakistani people loves to eat dishes which are made up of chicken or mutton, so I’ve made this dish chicken and it has a great taste as well. The main component of this dish is Kofta which is made up of chicken And as you know chicken has many nutrition, so this dish is not only delicious but also very healthy. Children likes to eat juicy kind of dishes, so it is a dish which gives you a mouthwatering feeling. There are many different ways of making this dish but I’ve given you the most easiest way of making it. I suggest you to make this dish at home so that you and your children enjoy this dish.
As I’ve mentioned above that this dish is not only healthy but also has many advantages. Because it contains chicken which helps to make this dish more healthier and tastier. Chicken contains many nutrition and some are given below:
- 53 gm protein
- 6 gm fats
- 284 calories
Origin and History
When we talk about the origin and history of this dish, let me tell you that it has a great historical significance and it has been the most local and favorite cuisine of people in the past. Malai kofta is originated from India and also from Iran and Turkey. This dish got popular from the Indian subcontinent and also during the Mughal rule. This dish played an important and integral part in the areas like central Asia and middle eastern countries. In the past, malai kofta is made with cream which gives a juicy texture, and fried balls which they made with paneer. So basically this dish is has come over this country with the passage of time.
There are many different ways you can serve this dish with but in my opinion, you should serve this dish with chapatis or naan. Many people like to eat rice with this dish, but naan is more preferable over rice because naan makes a good combination with this dish.
Ingredients for making malai kofta
- 3-4 Green Chilies
- 1 cup Coriander
- 1 cup Onion
- 1 cup Paneer
- 1/2 Kg Chicken Boneless
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 3 Bread Slices
- 4 tbsp roasted chickpea powder
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
Ingredients for making Gravy
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2-3 green chilies
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- 1 cup Onion Paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp Cashew nut powder
- ½ tsp Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- 1-2 tsp Red chili powder
- ½ cup Cream
- 1-2 tsp Coriander for garnishing
Directions for Making this dish
Directions for making malai kofta
- For preparing kofta first of all take a chopper and add 1/2 kg boneless chicken, 1 cup chopped onion, 1 cup cottage cheese, 3-4 chopped green chilies, 4 tsp roasted chickpea powder, 1 cup coriander leaves, 2 slices of white bread cut in the cube, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, salt to taste, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp cumin powder,1 tsp red chili flakes, 1 tsp garam masala in it and grind it well.
- After that take out the ground mixture and make round balls of it and set it aside.
- Now take a frying pan and add some cooking oil to it for frying these balls. Fry these balls until it changes its color to brown.
- Your malai kofta is ready.
Directions for making gravy
- For making gravy take another frying pan and add 1/2 cup oil, 1 cup onion paste in it and cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- After that add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1tsp green chilies, 1 cup tomato puree, and salt, mix it, and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add 1/2 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp cashew powder, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4 cup water, mix it well, and cook for a minute.
- Now add 1 cup yogurt in it, mix it well, and cook it for about 5 minutes.
- Now add 1/2 cup cream for thickness in the gravy and mix it well.
- After that add koftas to it and cover it with the help of a lid and let it cook on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Your delicious malai kofta is ready to eat.
- Now garnish it with the help of coriander leaves and cream, and serve it.
It required 40-50 minutes for cooking this dish
It need only 30 minutes to prepare.
It needs just 10 minutes for serving.
Taste: It is a spicy and as well as juicy dish because of cream in it.
Cooking level: It’s cooking level is moderate.
Nutrition: This dish is rich in nutrition as it has chicken in it.
Serving: This dish can be served to only 5-6 people.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!