by Usama Tariq
Mughlai Beef with gravy is the special and famous dish in Pakistan. It is full of beef and it is cut into the cube pieces. Beef gravy is full of nutrients and rich in healthy diets. Its richness in calories is very motivated for people. It is an expensive dish. This dish is available at many famous restaurants and made it at local level. This dish is made at any famous festival like weddings, family gathering, Eid, etc. the taste of this dish is sour and spicy. People of Pakistan love this dish and their taste. You can make it at your own home by follow these steps.
Origin and History of this dish
The origin of this dish is Indian Subcontinent or it is firstly originated from India. It is first, made by the family of Mughlai in 90’s. First time this dish is made by a servant of the king of Mughlai times and he loves this dish too much so that’s why with the passage of time it is famous in all over Asia.
You can serve with many items like you can serve with Rice, Chapatti, Naan (all types of Naan)
- (Cashew nuts) 15-20
- (Coriander powder) ½ tbs
- (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed 1 tsp
- (Desiccated coconut) 2 tbs
- (Dried fenugreek leaves) ½ tbs
- (Fresh coriander) 2 tbs
- (Fresh coriander) chopped
- (Ginger garlic paste) 2 tbs
- (Green chili) 2
- (Mint leaves) 1 tbs
- (Onion) sliced 1 medium
- (Red chili powder) ½ tbs or to taste
- (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
- (Yogurt) 1 Cup
- Boneless beef cubes ½ kg
- Cooking oil ¼ Cup
- Cooking oil 2-3 tbs
- Cream ½ Cup
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Karahi masala 1 tbs
- Lemon juice 2 tbs
- Water ¼ Cup or as required
- Water 1 & ½ Cup or as required
- Water 2 tbs or as required
- First, take a pressure cooker put it on the stove burn the flame at a low level.
- Then add water as required bring it to heat for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, salt to taste, and ginger-garlic paste into the hot water and mix well.
- Now add boneless beef mix well and bring it to boil for 2 to 3 minutes at medium flame.
- After boiling cover the pressure cooker and pressure cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the meat is tender or soft. (Caution: Please follow the pressure cooker safety guidelines).
- Now uncover it and cook it on low flame until water dries up.
- Set it aside.
- Take a spice grinder, add cashew nuts, desiccated coconut, green chili, fresh coriander, mint leaves, lemon juice, and water 3 to 4 tsp or as required.
- Cover the blender and blend it well and set aside.
- Now take another bowl add yogurt, cream, ground cashew paste, roasted and crushed cumin seeds, red chili powder to taste, coriander powder, Garam masala powder, Karahi Masala in the bowl whisk well with a whisker.
- Take a cooked beef cube into the spice yogurt mix well and set aside.
- Now take a frying pan to add cooking oil to it.
- Then add beef cubes for fry.
- Fry it until its color changes to golden brown approximately 4 to 5 minutes.
- Let’s dish out beef cubes into the plate and set them aside.
- Now take another frying pan add cooking oil, sliced onion, and fry until its color changes to a golden brown.
- Add reserved marinade into frying pan mix well and continue cooking at low flame.
- Then add water as required and cover and cook on low flame for 4 to 5 minutes approximately.
- Keep mixing in between and continuously cooking.
- After that add dried fenugreek leaves and fried beef cubes to it.
- Give it a good mix.
- In last, garnish with chopped fresh coriander and serve it to your family and loved ones.
- Enjoy the meal!
- Calories: 158 kcal
- Proteins: 5% 32g
- Fats: 15% 26g
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes required
- Serving: 3 to 4 Persons
- Origin: Indian Subcontinent
- Cuisine: Pakistan, India
- Taste: Salty and Sour