Pakistan, India, China – Hot and Sour Soup
by Reshaeel Nisar
Soup is a special dish which is commonly eaten by many people in winter season. Many people love to eat this dish because of its taste and smell. It warms up our body and gives us strength, and fight against many diseases. The main components in this dish are chicken and vegetables. This dish is incomplete without these things. There are many restaurants who offer this special dish and have high price, but I gave you a recipe here which is same as restaurant. There are many different ways to make this dish and I’ve given you the simplest way to make it. I suggest you to make it and give it to your family members, I hope they’ll like it.
This dish is not only popular just because of its taste, but also it has much healthy nutrition and a lot of proteins which helps to fight against any disease. People love to eat this dish because it is healthy and gives strength to their body. It includes vegetables and chicken which is very good for health and contains many nutrients.
Traditional and Historical point of view
Soup is a winter season dish that is served warm and it has a liquid state. Soup is generally made by mixing some ingredients which are maybe chicken, vegetables, and sauces. Soups are commonly eaten in Pakistan and many other Asian countries as well as in the whole world. The word soup came from a French word which is soupe. Researches show that people are making soup for 20000 years but it is not confirmed yet. Some counties where soups are eaten in excess amount, and soup has become the cultural dish over there are as follows:
Soup is a dish which is mainly eaten in the winter season because in winter people look forward to eating warm dishes. And soup is a dish which gives you strength and warms up your body. So many people urge to eat it in this season.
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tbs Garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger chopped
- 5-6 Baby corns sliced
- 1 tsp White pepper powder
- 3-4 Green chili chopped
- 250g Chicken boneless cut into thin stripes
- 2 liter Stock
- 5-6 tbs Cornflour or as required
- ½ Cup Water or as required
- 2 eggs whisked
- 2 tbs Vinegar
- 3-4 tbs Lemon juice
- 2-3 tbs Soy sauce
- 1 & ½ Cup Cabbage shredded
- 1 Cup Carrots julienne
- 1 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2-3 tbs chopped Green herbs (Cilantro/Basil/Parsley/Coriander)
- ½ tbs Fresh/Dried rosemary chopped
- ¼ Cup Green onion leaves chopped
- Black pepper crushed
Steps for making
- First of all, take a pan or a pot and add 2 tsp cooking oil, 1 tsp chopped garlic, 1 tsp chopped ginger, and 3-4 green chilies and mix it well.
- Now add 250 g boneless chicken (which is cut into pieces) in that pot and mix it well for some time until it changes its color.
- Now add 2 liters stock in it and mix it well.
- After making the above mixture now add 1 tsp white pepper powder, 1tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper powder,2 tsp vinegar, 3-4 tsp lemon juice, 2-3 tsp soy sauce in it, and mix it well and boil it for some time.
- After that, you have to add 1 & ½ cup cabbage,1 cup carrots julienne, 5-6 sliced baby corns, 2-3 tbsp green herbs, 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary, mix it well and cook it on low flame for 12 minutes.
- Now add 1/2 cup of chopped green onion, 5-6 tsp cornflour, 1/2 cup water in it, and mix it thoroughly, cook it on low flame for two minutes/
- Now after cooking it, add 2 eggs and stir it gently for some period of time and cook for one minute.
- Your delicious hot and sour soup is ready to eat.
For preparing this delicious dish you just need 40 minutes to make it and your delicious recipe is ready to serve. If you have already chopped vegetables then it consumes less time.
For serving this dish it needs 10 minutes and it can be served to only 4-5 people. If there are more than 4 people then you can increase the quantity of the soup. You should soup in a bowl.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!