by Hania Ahmed
Chicken White Karahi is a local dish. It’s known for the mouth-watering taste and magnificent looks. It looks healthy and is rich in taste. The gravy enriches the mouth with its captivating taste. You can resemble the cream sauce with the pasta sauce. Both are equally palatable. And who doesn’t like chicken? We tend to eat it with naan or khameeri. It has almonds in it which makes the dish even more delightful. That is why it is also known as Chicken Badami Handi. It is a very easy dish to make. It is preferred as dinner service.
- 1.5 kg chopped boneless chicken
- 2 Garlic
- Ginger (2*2 inches)
- 4 Onion
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 box of Cream
- Black pepper
- Button chili
- Take 4 onions. Cut them. Take the garlic and the ginger. Grind them until it becomes a fine paste.
- Put the cooking oil in the pan. Heat it. Add up the cumin and temper it.
- Now, put the paste in fried cumin and let the mixture cook on light heat.
- When the mixture gives a nice smell of garlic. Add the chicken. Cook the chicken in the mixture by stirring it.
- When the chicken gets cooked, put in the cream.
- Cover the pan and let the cream cooked in for 20 minutes at low heat.
- When cooked, add the black pepper and the salt according to the taste. Stir it for a minute.
- Take 1tbsp cooking oil and fry the button chilies. When done, spread it on the karahi. Take the karahi out in a bowl.
- Add some coriander as garnish.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
we can serve this dish with different things like
- khameeri roti
- garlic naan
- boiled rice
- tarka rice