by Reshaeel Nisar
Seekh Kabab is a local cuisine that is commonly eaten in Pakistan and many other Asian countries like India, Bangladesh. Seekh kababs is a delicious dish which is made up of mutton and it can also be made with chicken or beef and many people likes to eat this dish because of its delicious taste and good smell. Seekh kababs has also many health benefits because of the presence of beef in it. The main component of this dish is Beef and it contains many nutrition and protein which helps people to gain strength. Many different restaurants offer seekh kababs as it is very popular all across the country. There are many ways of making this dish but I’ve given you the easiest way of making it which is given below. If you want to make this dish at home, you just have to follow my steps which I’ve given below and your delicious seekh kababs are ready to eat.
Seekh Kabab is not only delicious but also a healthy dish due to the presence of beef boneless cubes in it. Beef is rich in nutrition and as well as liked by many people because of its taste. Beef contains much nutrition which are given below:
- 26 g protein
- 250 calories
- 15 g fats
Seekh kabab is one of the oldest and traditional dishes in Pakistan. When we talk about traditional dishes of Pakistan, seekh kababs come to our mind and give us the reasons that why it is the best traditional dish. Many people in past used to make it in their own style, but now its style of making has been changes and people like it.
History and Origin
Talking about the Origin of this dish, let me tell you that this dish is originated from middle eastern countries. In the past, people like to eat this dish just as like in present. The name of this dish is derived from the Turkish word which is Shish and its meaning is a sword. In the past, it is believed that Turkish soldiers hunt lambs during the war and make kebabs of it which results in making this dish.
You can serve this dish with naan and raita. These 2 gives the finest combination with seekh kababs. Raita is very important for seekh kababs as it gives you a juicy as well as delicious taste with kababs and also the taste in kababs increases with Raita. You can make raita easily by adding some vegetable in yogurt and mixing them. You can serve these kababs t more that 4-5 persons by knowing the quantity of it.
- ½ kg Beef boneless cubes
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 14-15 Garlic cloves
- 1-2 tbs Cooking oil
- 2-inch piece Ginger
- 1 medium Onion cubes
- 2-3 Green chillies
- 2 tbsp Mint leaves
- 1 & ½ tsp Salt or to taste
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 2 tbs Fresh coriander
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder or to taste
- 2 tbs Ghee
- 1 & ½ tbs crushed Coriander seeds roasted
- 1 tbs Red chilli crushed
- 1 & ½ tbs crushed Cumin seeds roasted
- By starting the recipe, first of all, take a bowl and in that bowl add ingredients which are 1/2 kg beef boneless cubes, 14-15 garlic, 2-inch piece of ginger, 1 medium onion, 2-3 greenchillies, 2 tsp mint leaves, 2 tsp fresh coriander, 1/2 tsp sodium hydrogen carbonate, 1 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp red chili crushed, 1 & ½ tbs cumin seeds, 1 & ½ tbs salt, 1 tsp red chili powder and mix it well.
- Now take a chopper and add the above mixture into it and chop it well until it combines well.
- Now take another bowl, add beef mince mixture, 2 tsp ghee in it and knead it well for 4-5 minutes then cover it with the help of a lid and refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Now take a bowl that is filled with water, now dip your hands in water and make kababs of equal sizes with the help of a skewer.
- After that take a frying pan and, add 1-2 tsp oil in it and fry kababs on medium flame from all sides for 6-8 minutes.
- Your delicious seekh kababs are ready to eat now serve it with raita!
Time Required for this dish
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes.
Cooking time: 40-50 minutes.
Serving: 10 minutes.
Cuisine: Asian cuisine
Cooking Level: Easy
Serving: 5 people