by Usama Tariq
White when de-husked, matured in conjunction with rice. Entire Maash dal is a bean grown-up in Southern Asia. The Maash part without shells alludes to white Maash dal. Frequently called white gram, these pale yellow-white lentils are utilized in dosa, purees, sauces, stews, pillow-soft browned savories, damp crude chutneys, fresh pancakes, and soups. White lentil like other beats is an amazing source of protein and dietary fiber. White lentil gram is very famous in Pakistan. It is available in almost all restaurants and also made at every home. It’s a very common and favorite dish among Pakistani peoples specially in urban areas. Its taste is very yummy and modesty. You can serve it with rice or chapatis it depends upon your choice but my opinion is that it is much delicious with chapati.
- (Asafetida) powder ¼ tsp
- (Black peppercorns) 6-8
- (Cloves) 5-6
- (Fresh coriander) chopped 1-2 tbs
- (Garlic) crushed 1 tbs
- (Ginger) julienne 1-inch piece
- (Green chilies) 2-3
- (Onion) chopped 1 medium
- (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Tomatoes) grinded 2 medium
- (Turmeric powder) ¼ tsp
- (Water) 1 cup or as required
- (White lentil gram) 250 grams (soaked & boiled with salt)
- (Red chili powder) 1 tsp or to taste
- Garam masala powder ½ tsp
- Ghee ¼ Cup
Steps to making this dish
- Take a medium-size bowl.
- Add ghee to that bowl it’s quantity is given in ingredients.
- Then add cloves, black peppercorns, ginger (1-inch piece), after adding heat them on low flame for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Include chopped onions and fry until its color seems light brown color.
- Then add crushed garlic and mix it well.
- After mixing well add green chilies and fry for 1 minute.
- After that include grinded tomatoes, asafetida, red chili, and turmeric powder and salt cook for almost 2-3 minutes.
- After mixing it looks like curry.
- Adding boiled white lentil gram and blend it well.
- Then add water as given in ingredients in it and blend well.
- After adding water include chopped fresh coriander mix it then add garam masala powder, cover the bowl and cook it for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Your dish is ready to serve and enjoy.
- Calories 139 kcal
- Protein 9g
- Fiber 5.6g