Pakistan, India, Bangladesh – Gachak (Jaggary and Peanut)
by Ayesha Umar
All about gachak
Gachak is a solid form of jaggery syrup filled with peanuts like crystal. This is the most famous sweet of winters in Pakistan, which is commonly present in the local shops as well so everyone can enjoy this sweet. We can also make this at home easily with just two ingredients such as jaggery(gur) and peanuts.
Role of gachak in Winters
Gachak is the most famous dry sweet in winter, everyone likes this sweet like a snack. You can eat this every time in a day, this sweet is not restricted by age, every age of people like this. But we can mostly eat in winter because dry fruits are commonly eaten in winter due to their nutrition and some people think that they are not good to eat in summers so we can eat this in winter especially.
Place of origin
Pakistan, India, Bangladesh are the origins of this sweet, but the first one in northern India.
- Carbohydrates 10g
- Protein 3g
- Energy 80 cal
- Fats 30%
We can serve this dry sweet with
- Chai (tea)
- Green tea
- Preparation time : 10 minutes
- Cooking time : 10 minutes
- Total time : 20 minutes
- Leave it for 30 minutes to setup
- Ghee or oil
Method of cooking
- Take a saucepan and add ghee to it and leave it over medium flame.
- On the other hand, take another saucepan and add peanut to it and roast them over a medium flame.
- Once the peanuts roasted equally and become light brown, turn the flame off.
- Add jaggery into the saucepan and cook it for 5 to 10 minutes, until the jaggary turned light brown in color.
- Once the jaggary turned brown add peanuts to it and mix it well.
- Now after 5 minutes of cooking turned the flame off.
- Spread the foil sheet and spread ghee over the sheet.
- Now put all the mixture of jaggary onto the sheet and leave it to setup.
- After half an hour your gachak is ready.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!