Pakistan, India, Bangladesh – Dahi Bhallay (Creamy Spicy Yogurt with Balls)
by Ayesha Umar
This is the fresh creamy yogurt dish which is very healthy. We can call this a complete meal. It is mixed with gram flour (bhallay) and potatoes, onions, mint and many spices. Dahi bhallay is considered the most tastiest dish. This is the most popular street food and easily available all over Pakistan. You can eat this as a evening snack. Celebrations is incomplete without dahi bhallay.
The combination and equilibrium of spices is what makes my dahi baray flavor so different,
Dahi bhallay is one of the crown of desi chaats. This is the ideal dish when ever you are craving you just required few ingredients to make this dish and it’s taste is so so delicious that you can’t stop yourself from eating and last you start licking your fingers to clean that’s so delicious. This dish is ideal dish for the instant chaats for craving. A slight pinch of chaat masala lighten up the taste of dahi bhallay. Chat masala is sprinkled on dahi bhallay to enhace its taste.
Dahi bhalay is actually originated from Indian subcontinent. The very first time this dish is made in mughal’s kitchen by their kitchen experts.
- Mash ki daal (lentils)
- moong ki daal (lentils (orange))
- chat masala
- anar dana
- mint leaves
- green chillies
- corn flour
- gram flour
- Take a bowl and add yellow and white lentils in it after bowling when it becomes soft.
- add gram flour in it and water.
- Add salt in it according to your taste.
- Knead it by adding water.
- Now deep fry it until it’s color changes to light brown.
- Now leave it for cool
- Take a bowl and add yogurt in it.
- Now chopped the onions (long slice) and potato ( square pieces).
- Boil the potatoes until it get soft.
- Now add chat masala in it for the spices.
- Add salt according to your need, Anar dana in it.
- Now add some mint leaves on it.
- Make salad by different vegetables that you like an add in it.
Khurbani ki chuttney (apricott)
- Boil the dry apricott in a boil.
- Now mash it in a bowl and add pinch of red chilli.
- Add salt and sugar in it and cook on a low flame.
- After 5 minutes turn off the flame and your chuttney is ready.
- Mix bhallas and yogurt.
- And add chuttney on it.
- sprinkle the papris on it and few mint leaves.
I hope you like it!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!