Pakistan, India, Bangladesh – Chicken Saag (Mustard Leaves)
by Ayesha Umar
Saag is actually the “LOVE OF PUNJAB”. This is the most famous dish of winter, no one in Pakistan who taste it for the first time and then never demand more. You always want to eat saag when you first try that, especially in winters. We are waiting for the winters to enjoy the saag with makai ki roti. There are more and more variations in taste, everyone makes according to their taste.
VARIETY OF SAAG
- Aloo saag
- Butter saag
- Sarson ka saag
- Gobi ka saag
- Chicken saag
- Bengan ka saag
- Methi saag
- Saag always serve with makai ki roti
- Desi ghee
The most famous and tastiest saag is Sarson ka saag ( mustard leaves). it has a unique taste to eat. Most of the people eat different saag but Sarson ka saag is best.
If we serve it in handi then this would be the best of all saag.
- Saag ( mustard leaves)
- Desi ghee
- Red chili powder
- Cumin seeds
- Onion (chopped)
- Garlic paste
- Ginger paste
- Garam masala
- Garlic chopped (garnishing)
- Ginger chopped (garnishing)
- Green chilies( garnishing)
- The very first thing is to fry the chicken in a oil, may be the deep fry but have to fry it until its color turn into brown.
- So, take a pan and add oil in it , fry the chicken in the oil over a medium flame.
- The next step is for the spinach, take the spinach and wash them until its neat and clean.
- Now take a bowl and add water in it, now boiled the spinach for 20 minutes on the stove.
- When the spinach is boiled, blend them quickly, make a thick paste of it.
- Do this process of mustard leaves.
- ow for making the masala, take a pan and add all the spices in it.
- Add oil, and chopped onions and tomatoes in it until the color of onions turns into the brown.
- Add cumin seeds, coriander powder, greenback, salt, red chili powder.
- Now leave it over the medium flame, and add pieces of chicken in it.
- Leave it until the chicken tendering.
- Now put all the things together and your chicken saag is ready to eat.
- PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
- COOKING TIME: 2 HOURS
- SERVING: 5 PEOPLE
- Fats: 4g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Iron: 44g
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!