by Muhammad Shazil
So, today i’m here with my new recipe. Today i’m going to give you my recipe of fried fish which i made at home. Fishes are very common and popular in Asian countries like Pakistan and India. Fish is a healthy and delicious cuisine of Pakistan. It has become the Pakistan’s most local cuisine which is eaten by many people in the winter season. Fish is a warm dish which gives strength to our body. It is mainly eaten in winter season just because in cold weather, fish gives us warm and cozy environment. Many people like this dish due to its healthy advantages I’ve made a podinay ki chatni with fish which gives a great combination with fish. I suggest you all to make this dish at home, I’m sure you’ll like it’s taste and you’ll feel good after eating it.
Fish is a delicious as well as a healthy dish. Many people like to eat this dish because of its healthy advantages. It contains many nutrition which helps our body to fight against many disease. Fish can help to protect against many diseases. If you are a diabetic patient or a heart patient then you should eat fish .
Origin and History
Fried fish is originated from England, and people over are eating this dish from many years. It was first brought by Jewish immigrants. This delicious dish is derived from pescado frito. There are many other varieties of this dish as it is popular and delicious, so people makes other varriants of this dish such as fish fries, fish and chips, fish cake etc.
Fish contains many nutrition which includes:
- Calories: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 63 mg
- Protein: 22 g
- Sodium: 61 mg
- Cumin seeds 1 & ½ tbsp
- Coriander seeds 2 tbsp
- bs or to taste
- Green chili crushed ½ tbs
- Kingfish or fish of your choice 700g
- Cooking oil for frying
- Turmeric powder ½ tbs
- Red chili crushed 1 tbs
- Yellow food color ¼ tsp
- Gram flour 3 tbs
- Tamarind pulp 3 tbs
- Vinegar 1 tbs
- Carom seeds 1 & ½ tsp
- Salt ½ tbs or to taste
- Red chili powder 1 & ½ t
- Egg 1
Ingredients for Imli Podina Chutney
- Red chili crushed 1 tbs
- Black salt ¼ tsp
- Tamarind pulp ¾ C
- Mint leaves 1 Cup
- Fresh coriander 1 Cup
- Garlic 7-8 cloves
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Water 3-4 tbs
- First of all, take a frying pan and in that pan, you have to add 1 & ½ tbsp cumin seeds, 2 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 & ½ tsp carom seeds, and dry roast for one minute.
- Now take a mortal and crush it.
- Now after crushing it add 1/2 tsp salt, 1 & ½ tbs red chili powder, 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp red chili crushed, 1/4 tbsp yellow food color, 3 tbsp gram flour & mix it well.
- Your fry fish masala is ready for your fish.
- You can store it for 1 month or above.
- Now take a bowl and add prepared fry fish masala, e tbsp tamarind pulp, 1 tbsp vinegar, one egg, 1/2 tbsp green chili and mix it well.
- Now add boneless fish fillets of your own choice and then mix it well
- Cover it with the help of a lid and marinate for 30 minutes.
- After that take a wok and in that wok heat the cooking oil and then add fish pieces in it, fry it on medium flame until color changes to brown.
- When the color changes to brown take it out in another plate.
- Your delicious fried fish is ready.
Directions to make Imli Podina Chutney
- Now it’s time to make a chutney for the fish.
- First, take a blender and in that blender, add 1cup mint leaves, 1 cup fresh coriander, 7-8 cloves garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbs red chili crushed, 1/4 tbsp black salt, 3/4 cup tamarind pulp, 3-4 tbsp water in it blend it well.
- Your podinay ki chutney is ready to serve with fish.
This dish requires only 60 minutes to prepare. 40 minutes for fried fish and 20 minutes for chutney. Its up to you that how fast you can cook. This is a simple dish which can be prepared in less time.
This dish can be served to only 5-6 people, depending upon the quantity of the ingredients. This dish can be served with zeera rice or with chapatis. For serving this dish the time requires is only 10 – 15 minutes.