by Arbaz Khan
This delicious dish is very similar to ordinary samosa which is one of the most famous dishes of Pakistan. Samosa rolls are cooked widely in Muslims community specially in Ramadan. We can tell its shape by its name which is samosa stripes. Basically it is a roll of potatoes filling which includes some spices and potatoes. These rolls are fired that’s why they are high in fat and carbohydrates because of potatoes. Recipe of mouth watering samosa roll is following:
For preparation of potato filling
- Cooking oil = 2 tablespoons
- Garlic (chopped) = 2 tablespoons
- Ginger (chopped) = 1 tablespoon
- Green chilli (chopped) = 3
- Red chilli powder = as required
- Salt = as required
- Onion (chopped) = 1 big
- Fresh coriander (chopped) = 1 tablespoon
- Mint leaves (chopped) = 1.5 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder = half teaspoon
- Cumin seeds (roasted & crushed) = half teaspoon
- Red chilli (crushed) = half teaspoon
- Potatoes (boiled) = half kilogram
- Chaat masala = 1 teaspoon
- For preparation of dough:
- Oil = 2 tablespoons
- Water = half Cup
- Flour = 1.5 Cup
- Salt = as rwquired
- Cumin seeds = 1 teaspoon
- Water = as required
- Cooking oil = for frying
For potato filling
- Take a frying pan and add oil on it and heat it . After some time add garlic, green chilli and ginger in the oil, mix it and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add red chili and turmeric powder, some amount of cumin seeds and crushed red chili and mix it.
- Cook it for again 2 minutes.
- After cooking put the mixture in a bowl.
- Take a bowl and add potatoes and grate it with the help of a grater. Add spices which we cooked before and add salt, onion, coriander.
- At last mix it and set the mixture aside.
For preparation of dough
- Take a bowl and add oil and water on it and mix.
- Add flour, cumin seeds and salt in mixture of water and oil and again mix it.
- Start kneading it and slowly add water until a soft dough is prepared.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and set it for at least 15 inutes.
- After 15 minutes, take some oil and grease your hand with it and then again knead your dough for 1-2 minutes.
- Take a portion of a dough and sprinkle flour on it and then roll it using rolling pin.
- Cut the rolled dough into rectangle shape using knife and remove extra side of dough.
- Divide the extra sides of dough into 3 stripes.
- Now take one stripe and add cooked potato mixture and roll it.
- Seal the ends of the stripe.
- Take a wok and add oil in it and heat it.
- One by one fry the stripes until golden brown colour appears.
- Finally, serve the stripes(samosa rolls) with any sauce you like.