Pakistan – Delicious Gajar Ka Halwa
by Robecca Adnan
Gajar Ka Halwa is a sweet dessert. The Gajar Ka Halwa was first introduced during the Mughal Period in Sub continent of India. And the name originated from Arabic word Halwa which means Sweet and this sweet dish is made from carrot (called in Hindi Gajar) so that is why this dish is called Gajar ka Halwa . We can say it pudding of carrot or Halwa of Carrot. This is a dish which is commonly liked among the children young and the old. This dish is traditionally eaten in India as well in Pakistan on festivals Like Eid Ul Fitar, Holi, Diwali, wedding ceremonies etc.
Today I am about to share with you traditional Pakistani dessert recipe that is Gajar Ka Halwa. I am preparing a delicious and mouthwatering Gajar ka Halwa. As I have mention above in the introduction that this is the carrot based dessert and we know that carrot is good to health. Carrot is a good source of beta carotene, fiber, Vitamin K1, potassium and antioxidants. There are many types of Halwa like Badam Halw, Green Papya Halwa, Sooji ka Halwa, Wheat Halwa etc but I have decided to prepare Gajar Ka halwa that is best in taste and like by the every age of people. So you can also prepare it on your own home with the help of my recipe that is given below step by step. Follow the step make the delicious dessert and enjoy at your home. Staying at Home and enjoy a lot.
- Carrot 500 grams
- Sugar 200 grams
- Milk ½ cup
- Desi Ghee 2 tbsp
- Almond grinded 2tsp
- Pistachios grinded 2tsp
- Cardamom powder 1tsp
- Khoya ½ cup
- Grinded Almond 10 for garnishing
- First of all wash the carrots and peal it.
- Then grate the carrots with handheld
- Put the carrots in the hot pan and keep it on the flame and wait 5-7 minutes
- After 5-7 minutes add the sugar, cardamom powder in it and wait for further 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes put the milk in it and wait for 05 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add Desi Ghee in it and wait for 3 minutes
- After 3 minutes add grinded almond and pistachios in it and mixed well.
- Put the flame off and then add khoya in it and mix in it.
- Put the almond on it for garnishing
Delicious Gajar ka Halwa
Now the Delicious Gajar ka Halwa is ready. You can serve it with tea in breakfast. Here is given below the picture of Delicious Gajar ka Halwa in the steps so let’s enjoy this with your family:-
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!