Pakistan – Delicious Broccoli Paratha
by Arbaz Khan
A paratha is a kind of a flatbread that is originated in Indian subcontinent and is very famous in countries like Pakistan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka etc. The word paratha is derived from two words parat and atta which means many layers of doughs. There are many type of parathas in the world like keema paratha, aloo paratha etc. Broccoli paratha, by its name we can tell its ingredients. The main ingredient of this paratha is broccoli which makes it one of its kind. As broccoli is highly digestive food, this paratha is full of vitamin c and antioxidants which boosts your immune system and makes you healthy.
- Broccoli = half kilogram
- Onion = 1 medium (chopped)
- Oil = 3 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds = half tablespoon
- Green chili = 2 (chopped)
- Ginger = 2 tablespoon (chopped)
- Curry leaves = 12
- Chili powder = as required
- Turmeric and coriander powder = half tablespoon
- Salt = as required
- Juice of lemon = as required
- Flour = 3 cups
- Coriander = as required
- Water = as required
- First of all, take broccoli and chop it with a knife and set it aside.
- Now take a wok and add onion, oil, and fry until light brown.
- Add curry leaves and cumin seeds and mix them well.
- Now add chili and ginger powder and cook the mixture for at least 3 minutes.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and salt, and mix.
- Now add chopped broccoli and cook it for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add lemon juice and cook the whole mixture for 15 minutes.
- Now take coriander in a plate, mash it, and set aside.
- Now take flour and salt in a bowl and mix them and knead the mixture until a proper dough is formed.
- Take a small part of the dough and make a ball of it with your hands and then sprinkle some flour on the plate.
- Now put that ball on a plate and roll it with a rolling pin.
- Make a deep space in the center of the dough and put broccoli paste in it and sell it with hands.
- Now again roll the dough with a rolling pin.
- Fry the paratha in oil until both sides are crispy brown.
- At last, serve your delicious paratha with sauce and enjoy it.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!