Pakistan – Chicken Shashlik
by Sana Aamir Syed
Chicken shahslik one of the popular dish of central and south Asian countries. It is become the part of Pakistani local cuisine as well we know that chicken dishes are most popular in Punjab Pakistan.
This dish never seems to go out for season is it winter or summer, autumn or spring. It is not too heavy not too light, it is ideal in between dish.
Originally lamb is used to make this but gradually with the passage of time in Indian sub-continent chicken shashlik was introduced. Shahslik is basically like shesh kabab. It is made up of boneless chicken with vegetables.
Chicken shashlik depends on the kind of recipe you follow so here I am going to share a yummy recipe of Pakistan chicken shahslik.
- Chicken ½ boneless cut in 1 cube
- Onion 1 cut in square pieces
- Tomato 1 cut in square pieces
- Capsicum 1 cut in square pieces
- Mustard sauce ½ teaspoons
- Ginger paste ½ teaspoons
- Chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ketchup 2 tablespoon
- Oil 2 tablespoon
For tomato puree
- Two tomatoes boil with salt, pepper, red chili all ¼ teaspoons each seine when soft.
Method to prepare the chicken shashlik
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Marinate the boneless chicken with all the above (mustard sauce, ginger paste, chili powder, ketchup, salt and vinegar) for an hour.
- Then put it on skewers alternating with vegetables.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoon oil in a frying pan and fry the shahslik.
- Dip the shashlik in the prepared tomato puree.
- Fry till chicken tender about 10 minutes.
- Serve it with rice.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!