Pakistan – Chicken Karahi
By Muhammad Ibrahim
Karachi is the part of Sindh Pakistan and it is famous for its local cuisine and karahi is among the top favorite dishes of Karachi. This dish would traditionally be cooked.
‘Karahi’ is the Hindi name of a pot. Basically, this pot is used for deep frying of curries. The karahi is very famous due to its cooking way in a unique style and because of it spice.
We all know that the region sub-continent is very famous because of it spices and the spices can never be neglected in making of delicious food. To make this delicious karahi you have to follow those steps which I had written in the recipe.
Before moving toward the recipe I want to tell u that karahi is very rich in protein dish because of the presence of meat (chicken). So let’s start the recipe of making the special karahi
• 1kg chicken
• 3 medium size onion
• 3 medium size tomato
• 1 tablespoon ginger of garlic paste
• Vegetable oil/ghee
• 4-5 green chilies
• 5 grams mint (finely chopped)
• 1 tablespoon garam masala
• Chili pepper spice powder
• Chili flakes
• Black pepper
• Sliced ginger
Preparation steps for making karahi…
Almost 30-40 minutes
Prepare the curry:-
- Firstly gather all the ingredients.
- For making the curry adds chopped onion and tomatoes in a pressure cooker. Slightly fry it and add the chicken and stir it.
- Add all the spices. (ginger garlic paste, salt, red pepper spice powder, garam masala. According to your taste)
- Close the pressure cooker and leave it for 10 minutes on high heat.
- After 10 minute when you open the pressure cooker mix all the gravy properly.
Take prepared gravy into karahi(pot)
- Now take this curry in the karai and start frying it.
- Add 1 cup yogurt and keep frying. Then add some chili flakes according to your taste.
- Note fry it very well for 10-20 minutes.
- Garnish this delicious karahi with chopped green chilies, mint and sliced ginger.
- Your delicious karahi is ready
- Serve with roti and enjoyed it
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!