Pakistan – Chapli Kebab
By Arbaz Khan
Chapli kebab is originated from Peshawar (a city of Pakistan). Chapli kebab is a Pashto word. This dish is also called Peshawari Kebab. This dish is very popular in street food of Peshawar and may areas of Pakistan and also in BBQ. This dish is also famous in Afghanistan and India because this dish spread from Pakistan. In India these kebabs are spread among Indian Muslims and famous among areas like Delhi, Hyderabad and Lucknow etc. These kebabs are served with roti, naan, bread and sometimes with rice. Yogurt sauce more enhances its taste. These kebabs are basically made from beef but people also made these kebabs mutton and chicken. These kebabs are also used to make sand witches. Chapli kebab got famous from Mughal kitchens in Asia. There were a lot of varieties of kebabs among Mughals but they used to like chapli kebab. This kebab is a patty shaped kebab. The word chapli is derived from the peshawari word chaprikh which means flat. Its shape is made by hands because it is very easy to made. There are more than 1500 restaurants in Peshawar that serve these kebabs. Due to its extreme delicious taste these kebabs spread in Asia very fast. These kebabs are served with chatni (yogurt and spices sauce) and salad. Chapli kebabs can be easily made within 45 minutes.
- Prep time = 20 minutes
- Cooking time = 20 minutes
- Total time = 40 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR KEBABS
- Beef mince = 500 gram
- Green chili = 5
- Maze flour = 3 spoon (for binding)
- Egg = 1
- Crushed coriander = 2 tablespoon
- Dried pomegranate seeds = 1 tablespoon
- Chili flakes = 2 tablespoon
- Garam masala = 1 tablespoon
- Salt = as required
- Oil = 1 cup
INGREDIENTS FOR RAITA
- Yogurt = 1 cup
- Green chili = 4
- Fresh coriander = half bunch
- Mint = half bunch
- Salt = half tablespoon
- Cumin seeds = half tablespoon
PROCEDURE FOR KEBABS
- Add all the ingredients in chopper and chop them.
- when fine powder is made add the mixture in beef mince and mix the beef.
- Now take some amount of beef mince in hand and make a patty with your hand.
- Now take some oil in a pan and set the flame high.
- When the oil heated put the patty in the oil and shallow fry the patty.
- Similarly fry all the patties and serve them with raita whose procedure in down below.
PROCEDURE FOR RAITA
- Take 1 cup of yogurt and mix salt and cumin seeds in it.
- Now grind mint and fresh coriander in the yogurt and mix it well.
- Finally serve raita with chapli kebabs and enjoy.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!