India, Pakistan – Burnt Sugar Fried Chapati
By Dahiza umar
In Indian cuisine, this baingan bharta is one of many forms of bharta. Bharta is simply ingredients that are roughly slushed either before or after preparation of a dish. Bharta originally comes from Northern India and is made from all kinds of vegetables. This kind of baingan bharta is very quick and easy to make.
- 3 eggplants
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of grinded ginger
- 1 grated ginger
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- Half teaspoon of coriander powder
- Half teaspoon of cumin powder
- Half teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green coriander
- 2 green chilies (optional)
Guide to making it
- Bring together all ingredients
- The next step requires roasting the eggplant till the skin appears charred and also becomes soft inside.
- Allow it to cool after roasting, and peel off the charred skin.
- Mash the peeled eggplants and put aside for later use.
- Heat up the cooking oil in a pan, and put in the cumin seeds. Cook until the spattering stops.
- Put in the onions also and fry till it turns brown.
- Add your grinded garlic and ginger and keep frying for another minute.
- Add all powdered spices, green chilies (if available), and the tomatoes. Cook and stir for 5 minutes and add water if necessary.
- You can now add your mashed eggplant and mix together well. Put in the chopped coriander and cook for another minute. Done! Turn off the heat.
- Now serve it with your favourite daal dish or even hot chapatis.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!