Pakistan, Bangladesh, India – Firni
by Hania Ahmed
I think firni is a traditional dessert which needs no introduction. Firni is a tradition style of milk which is filled with crushed dipped soft rice which contain crisp of dry fruits. This sweet dish we enjoy on every occasion or events like marriage, eid, birthday etc. This is the most easiest dish to make and most delicious dish to eat. The flavor of saffron enhances the flavor of firni. Everyone like firni who wants to eat sweet dish. No occasion is complete without firni. Sweet milk with rice is popular all around the country.
This dish originated in the times of Mughal. It is history also linked with India.
Firni is also called ” rice pudding”.
” what’s better if sweet dish served is firni! “
The history of firni is still unknown. It’s taste and its ingredients make it more special. The soft texture melts into the mouth. It brings smile on every face which likes firni. firni is specially present in wedding ceremony. this dish is being made with traditional method of cooking and even served in traditional style with traditional taste. This firni kewra is only uses low quality of sugar. This food is popular in the middle of east.
The same recipe is prepared with the variety of methods and techniques. Firni has many version with kheer. It’s just like kheer.
- Fruity firni
- khoya firni
- choclate firni
- kewra firni
- apple firni
- strawberry firni
- vanilla firni
- saffron firni
- pista firni
- classic firni
- Milk: 1 1/2 litre
- Rice: 1/2 cup
- saffron: 2,3 strands
- Condense milk
- sugar: according to your wish
- salt: pinch
Firni is LOVE!
- First you have to rinse rice in a running water and soak them for 1 and half hour to be soft.
- Now drain all the excess water from rice and just leave 2 to 3 tablespoon and grind them.
- Mix this paste with half cup of milk and keep this aside.
- Take saucepan and add remaining milk in it over high fame.
- When this starts boiling, add rice milk mixture at low flame.
- Now add saffron in it and start boiling for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Mix chopped almonds and pistachio in it.
- Cook for a minute.
- Almonds (sliced)
- pistachio( few)
- saffron strands
Garnish it with almonds and pistachio.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!