Mince With Bauhinia Variegata and Peas
By Dahiza Umar
Dishes are of old ages that comes out from our forefathers but the style or method of making this kind of dishes is changes now. Pakistan’s recipe are known from their spices and aroma, specially the addition of liberal quantity of oil in Punjab culture just take the heart away.
KACHNAR KEEMA MATAR IN PAKISTAN
Kachnar is basically a plant having flowers on it. Its scientific name is ‘’BAUHINIA VARIEGATA’’. This special legume has edible buds are used in food here and very ancient dish is made. When it is mixed with mince of lamb or beef having traditional spices and pea is also added, is an optional choice to made but traditionally in the dish, peas were added.
- Lamb/ beef mince: 1.5 kilogram
- Kachnar edible bud: 1/2 kilogram
- Peas: 1/2 kilogram
- Onion: 2 large
- Garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste: 1 tablespoon
- Tomato: 2 large
- Green chilies: 4
- Yogurt: 1 cup
- Cream: 1/2 cup
- Oil: 1/2 cup
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Red chili flakes 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 tablespoon
- Take a large pot, put oil into it and add sliced onion and fry a little.
- Add garlic ginger paste with mince into onion and fry.
- Fry until moisture dried and colour of mince changed to light golden.
- Add water around 2 cups and add spice into it.
- Cover the mince and put on medium heat to cook mince
- When water is dried and mince is cooked fry the mince to dry moisture completely and add yogurt cream and our vegetables like peas and kachnar.
- Cook kachnar and peas with yogurt and mince on low heat for 10 to 15minutes.
- When mince is ready with kachnar and peas add lemon juice and serve